Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

How about a PMDG 767 and 757

The 767 is still one of the most popular aircraft in the world today. It's also one of the most versatile, which means it'd likely be a top seller and appeal to everyone. The 767 regularly flies long-haul, medium-haul, and short-haul in the real world. I'd rather PMDG release a 767 next so that it still does sell well. The 787 will ve around for another 30+ years. PMDG has plenty of time to make it. The 767 not so much. It needs to be remade before it fades away in the real world. Not to mention, it's one of the most fun planes to fly.

• Upvote 2

The 767 is still one of the most popular aircraft in the world today. It's also one of the most versatile, which means it'd likely be a top seller and appeal to everyone. The 767 regularly flies long-haul, medium-haul, and short-haul in the real world. I'd rather PMDG release a 767 next so that it still does sell well. The 787 will ve around for another 30+ years. PMDG has plenty of time to make it. The 767 not so much. It needs to be remade before it fades away in the real world. Not to mention, it's one of the most fun planes to fly.

Completely agreee with you; again, it's a very charming plane.

• Upvote 1

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Please, please, please, pretty please 787

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Would PMDG really waste the next 5 years developing a 787 when Qualitywings will be releasing their 787 in about 1-3 years.

And the LD 757 is probably close to completion now as I predict a 2020 release date on that. 

I say PMDG goes with the new 797 and if they start now, they can beat Boeing's release.  What's after the 797 anyway?? 808??

Paul Gugliotta

Would PMDG really waste the next 5 years developing a 787 when Qualitywings will be releasing their 787 in about 1-3 years.

And the LD 757 is probably close to completion now as I predict a 2020 release date on that. 

I say PMDG goes with the new 797 and if they start now, they can beat Boeing's release.  What's after the 797 anyway?? 808??

First they update - 737 MAX, 777X since they have most of the models done.

With glass panels in place and updated systems 787 is next logical approach.

I know what I can count on with PMDG and don't really pay attention to other devs. If somebody makes a product worth PMDG quality then I'm sure I'll know :)

797 definitely not (based on what I know) because when I asked about split scimitar winglets a while ago I was told PMDG will not develop something that it is not already in the air.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

iFly's 747 didn't stop them revamping their 747, and QW are currently unproven in their ability to produce high quality aircraft (their 757 and 146 were nice, but not in the same league).  There is also no good 787 for X-Plane.

I've no special insight into PMDG's strategy, but the existance of competing offerings doesn't seem to be a big deciding factor.

I feel that PMDG should try to diversify a little. The 787, which I do love btw, is extremely similar to the 777. I just feel that it wouldn't sell as good as a 767 would right now. It's too similar to what we already have. The 767, while an aging aircraft, offers a refreshing change from the 777. The charm in the 767, is that one interacts more with the aircraft since it is less automated. Yet, since it has an FMC and autopilot, armchair pilots unable to fly the old iron would still be able to handle it. The 787, like I said before would benefit in waiting a few more years.

I'd love a 757 - the Ultra-Medium Haul airliner - but as noted, that's unlikely. I have my suspicions of what's next but we'll see. Whatever they come up with next, I'm sure they won't disappoint... of course, they could announce the PMDG De-Icing Truck and we'd all be wondering if the Cummins and the Navistar engines will be in the same package or released separately, and we'd be mashing F5 on release day with credit cards in hand waiting for it.

What about Embraer 170/190. Also a rather big gap that needs filling within the Flightsim world, especially in the P3D world

Wilco E-Jets aren't bad if you don't mind their age. There's enough systems modeled to keep it interesting, the FMS is functional enough (and different enough from the Boeing FMS that it takes a little time to learn), and the flight dynamics aren't bad - they captured the sort of weird nose-up rollout pretty well too. Downside, it's old and obviously an FS9 port. That, however, means it's extraordinarily FPS-friendly.

I'd like to have a nice 757 lite with fantastic detailed model and textures both VC and outside with a nice feeling of really being in the air. But not CS! CS can Kiss my ASSSSSSS!

CS757 was the first addon plane I ever bought. I flew the crap out of it. However, the more I got into the hobby, the more its weaknesses showed. The systems are mostly XML sleight of hand, and it's an FPS hog out of proportion with its level of detail. The last time I had it out, I paused the sim, and realized the APU was still burning fuel. After that, I X'ed out the sim, and haven't touched her since.

CS757 was the first addon plane I ever bought.

Actually, I really enjoyed it despite the flaws. It's the developer trying to gouge me full price again for what amounts to a P3D installer that Ped me off! :-)

Actually, I really enjoyed it despite the flaws. It's the developer trying to gouge me full price again for what amounts to a P3D installer that Ped me off! :-)

Like I said, I flew the crap out if it, and their 767. The 757 is one of my favorite airliners, and I liked flying those long, oddball routes that the 757 serves - lots of routes from PHL and EWR to smaller airports in Europe, or some of those routes Icelandair likes to fly. I imagine those routes will disappear when the 757s get retired... they're too long for the B739 and A321 and too small to merit a widebody.

The exterior model is nice, and the VC is pretty high quality for the time it was released. After a while, though, some of the flaws just get old -  little easily repaired things like the fuel gauges are in kgs but the FMS is in lbs.

As a company... well, I don't want to sit here and snipe at them, but from what I've seen, I think they've fairly earned their reputation.

• Upvote 1

Didn't PMDG make a 767 a long time ago as their first flight sim aircraft? Or did I dream that? If so, RSR obviously loves the acft.

I would go for it B767-400 all the way.

• Upvote 3

My%20Signature.jpg

I would go for it B767-400 all the way.

God, I love all the 767s. The 300ER w/ winglets being my favorite because of the combination of range, older (yet still electronic) cockpit and the look of those winglets. The -400ER is awesome as well. Just an all around beautiful aircraft!

The exterior model is nice, and the VC is pretty high quality for the time it was released. After a while, though, some of the flaws just get old - little easily repaired things like the fuel gauges are in kgs but the FMS is in lbs.

I am a 757 fan (I think it's the best looking airliner Boeing ever made). I've got the CS757 too but I can't agree with you about the VC. It's nice enough unless you know what a real 757 looks like (or look closely at a photo of one) then you realise how wrong it is in detail. CS did say they were making a new version of the 757 (as a new purchase of course). If that is still in development it might at last be the definitive 757 for FSX. For the time being I still keep FS9 installed so I can fly the PSS 757 (which I think is better all round).

I don't think PMDG will make a 757 (or a 767), but I'd love to be proved wrong.

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

I've got the CS757 too but I can't agree with you about the VC.

I don't disagree with you overall. I think it's an alright-looking VC for a 2008 product... when people were still migrating from FS9 and 2D panels were still all the rage. I think the VC compares very favorably to most of what was on the market at the time. However, like you say, there's all kinds of little things that make you go huh? in that cockpit. Most of the systems are just XML hackery (I even edited a few of them that were bothering me the most). If they spent as much time getting all the important stuff right as they did animating window shades and crap like that, it'd be a way better airplane.

Again I'd love to see the 757 done up the way she deserves... if for no other reason than that the CS757 is more FPS-hungry than the PMDG 777, on my system at least. I agree with you that it's one of the coolest looking airliners out there... when looking at it straight on from the nose, I always thought it looked like it's wearing sunglasses and smirking at me.

For the time being I still keep FS9 installed...

Out of curiosity, is that on Win 10? I haven't had FS9 installed since I upgraded to 10 and it looks like some people have trouble getting it to run. I was thinking about loading it up again to play with some of my old freeware stuff.