Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

How about a PMDG 767 and 757

I think we need a new 767 and a new MD80, updated at the state of art.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I'm still dreaming of a high-end addon of B757 PDMG style! Even if it is out of production and slowly disappearing from the skies, it remains one of my favourite aircrafts.

I know that there are two already but one is quite light regarding system depth and the other one is so buggy that I have given up flying with it.
There was a hope for a long time from another developer but it has fallen down after they announced the project was dropped.

Anyway, I still miss it in FSX.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

What ever it is,  I would love it to have some dials and not all screens. These modern day wonders are not my idea of fun. and whilst anything made after 1982 can be argued to be a flying computer it is the stuff that had screens and dials that intrests this particular customer. kind of like hybrids, before the dials were replaced with screens. (think 737-300)

​It has to suit the masses, and make more business sense to produce a profit. so next up will either be the new 3, the new 7 or the 8 that will probably be made. the 2's 5's 6's are history, your not going to pay for sim time, flight time, and a full production team for 2 years to design something as good as these guys do and risk not making enough money back to cover the costs let alone actually make a profit. (I would have all 3...)

​There is a massive gap in aircraft development for the simulator community. owing to the complex complications of the platforms we use, perfection takes too much time and money to produce, I'm already out of the next release cycle as I never flew the 74' last time around (40 flights in 10 years according to my VA) so I'm at least 2 years away from owning another full function sim. Neither the 3 or the 7 satisfies my personal happiness these days, and I'm stuck flying them as the next level down in sim production aircraft doesn't ever seem to be as realistic (lets not even mentions the constant bugs you have to fight with as they are not made for P3D, unlike the ones I have made by PMDG ( I want my cake and to eat it!!).

​A frustrating time to be a flight sim enthusiast that's for sure.

​Liam ( I remembered my name) Reynolds

​10 mins later.... I think iv just realised I need to switch my simulator...

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

I love reading these posts of what PMDG should develop.  Do you really think they give a crap what anyone wants? You could ask, make a petition, give them a formal business case, but they haven't time time or resources to reply such a post.  Just fly the 777 and 737.  Who the heck needs a 767 or a 757. 

• Upvote 2

Paul Gugliotta

Do you really think they give a crap what anyone wants?

One would be at the helm of a very poorly-run business if they didn't pay attention to what a customer wants, or are sure what they will want. For those unsure on the latter point, think iPhone.

All the same, while we're amused by the threads that inevitably pop up around our product releases about what we should do next, we're already several steps ahead of people here in the forum. Most of us are pilots. We're all of that "you need to be ahead of the plane" mindset. The idea of finding ourselves in a void at the end of a development cycle is pretty unfathomable. Some of us are already working on the next pieces of other projects as the other one releases.

• Upvote 4

Kyle Rodgers

Who the heck needs a 767 or a 757. 

Who the heck needs a 737 or a 777, or a 747, or a DC-6 for that matter?

:fool:

• Upvote 2

...we're already several steps ahead of people here in the forum.

Now THAT is reassuring!

Just my two cents, but we need a good CRJ.  They're everywhere in the real world, and no where in the sim world.  The airlines in the US are pulling profits again because of (and at the expense of) the regionals.  They're pivotal.  And when you think about it, they're pretty awesome little planes.  Just my humble opinion.

One would be at the helm of a very poorly-run business if they didn't pay attention to what a customer wants, or are sure what they will want. For those unsure on the latter point, think iPhone.

I hope that works somehow :P :P :P

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just my two cents, but we need a good CRJ.  They're everywhere in the real world, and no where in the sim world.  The airlines in the US are pulling profits again because of (and at the expense of) the regionals.  They're pivotal.  And when you think about it, they're pretty awesome little planes.  Just my humble opinion.

Aerosoft is almost done theirs, and I can't imagine the market is big enough for two.

Wait for 5 years for such outdated aircraft I think not - not a good plan - pretty sure PMDG would agree  

Rich Sennett

Most people would prefer a 767 over a 787 or something similar.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

We all want a 787 - waiting on QW as that is looking amazing 

Rich Sennett