Sign in to follow this  
leinsters

Wow, just stunning

There is so much love and care put into this module that I am stunned. Absolutely beautiful. Pictures and YouTube does not do it justice. The AFE is a stroke of genius and helped me take a couple of flights. I cannot wait to get stuck into the tutorials and manuals tomorrow and this weekend. 

Well done. 

Worth noting, my .exe failed a couple of times. Can't remember the exact error, as I was so relieved on the third attempt that it worked/. 

Thank you,

Len Leinsters

Len-

As you dive into the tutorials, I think you will begin to see more and more of the really intense details that are included in this package.  We have always adhered to the theory that you need the whole airplane simulated in order to enjoy the airplane- and I think we accomplished that in this product better than we have in any previous product.

• Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

dear mr robert .

i have been a fan ! i was the guy who used to be happy with default 737 on FSX and by mistake stumbled upon your 737 NGX and since then ...... junkied :/

I like the "push the envelope" approach you guys have wherein every release you do something new and surprise us , You have set a standard and now people look up to you , by people i mean Devs included,so in turn because of you guys we might just get better planes from others as well ! Hopefully lots gonna change for X-plane soon ....

Gonna buy this and cant wait for your port overs of other airliners into X-plane (hoping extra fast black magic port over :P)!

there better be port overs as well :P

kind regards

Len-

As you dive into the tutorials, I think you will begin to see more and more of the really intense details that are included in this package.  We have always adhered to the theory that you need the whole airplane simulated in order to enjoy the airplane- and I think we accomplished that in this product better than we have in any previous product.

I have to ask this Robert.... but I can perfectly understand if you can't give an answer :-)

1) What is your opinion regarding the attainable accuracy, flight and systems modeling wise, of this X-Plane 10 add-on comparing to what you think will be the same module for FSX / P3D? I mean, can we say that what was achieved with this X-Plane 10 version will probably not be reached given the present limitations of FSX/ESP/P3D ? (We do not of course know if, by the time of a P3D version LM haven't upgraded their core sim to something allowing for a higher level of detail such as the "simple" implementation of the circuit breakers, but, as both platforms are right now). What can you tell us ?

2) Concentrating on the flight and overall physics modelling, were many tweaks required to get out of X-Plane's base flight dynamics engine the performance you achieved with this model ? I ask because the reference to aspects of the physics simulation not being possible to implement in FSX were sometimes mentioned on the documentation of aircraft I bought for that platform, since fs9, starting with the first "737"... Is the duplication of RW flight characteristics easier to achieve directly with X-plane 10 than it is with MSFS-based versions ?

Thanks Robert, for any answer.... and... for having invested on this platform that has been embraced during the last year for a growing number of simmers, which is certainly going to step up even more now that the iXEG 737 and the first PMDG for X-Plane 10 have been made available !

• Upvote 4

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

You gonna sign that post in accordance with our forum guidelines so i don't have to make it vanish before i can answer it?

Robert,

He's THE UNINSTALLER. Everyone knows THE UNINSTALLER. :wink:

• Upvote 6

NAX669.png

Argh,

completely missed that detail when I changed my signature a couple of days ago...  Bummer !

Signed....

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Stunning indeed.

Forces on my Force Feedback Yoke set to 100% (shortly before pulling my entire desk), engine vibrations enabled. After one hour manual flying in bad weather you know what you have done.

Also had to remove all the stuff on top of my subwoofer, before it, well, removed itself :-)

Gorgeous !

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Also had to remove all the stuff on top of my subwoofer, before it, well, removed itself :-)

I actually blew the electronics out of an old set of speakers I had, updated to the Klipsch DTX-certified 2.1 set and was real happy for awhile.

Dan Downs KCRP

Jose-

Getting back to your questions...  (Thanks for the sig, btw.  LOL)

Rather than answer them individually- I'm going to answer them both a bit more generally. 

It is our experience that FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D and X-Plane really are more-or-less equal in terms of their ability to provide a good, in depth simulation experience.  Each of them accomplishes the mission differently, with a different set of strengths and weaknesses.  As a developer, PMDG has always done our work mostly outside of the simulation, so to us we wind up bending the platform to our will through code.

The end result is that when it really gets down to- the differences are mostly a matter of personal taste.

That being said- in each platform we run into structural issues that must be overcome that are incredibly cumbersome.  In FSX, the Cl/Cd curve has to be derived mathematically and then the simulator manipulated in the background because the default FSX flight modeling isn't capable of doing a supercritical wing in high speed flight.

In X-Plane, we had to contend with the fact that many of the presumptions made by the flight model are physical behaviors true for a specific type of airplane that don't hold true when you start talking about high performance radial engine powered airplanes.

Everything is a compromise...

From our end- when we make a product for a platform- the key to success is knowing what the weak spots are- and knowing how to work around them in order to give you a product that correctly simulates the airplane being developed.

To us it really doesn't matter which platform it is... 

That make sense?

• Upvote 2

It is our experience that FSX, FSX-SE, Prepar3D and X-Plane really are more-or-less equal in terms of their ability to provide a good, in depth simulation experience.  Each of them accomplishes the mission differently, with a different set of strengths and weaknesses.  As a developer, PMDG has always done our work mostly outside of the simulation, so to us we wind up bending the platform to our will through code.

Just what I've been saying for years.....  :smile:

More or less equal.  Never got to the point of saying, "WOW", X-Planes flight dynamics are sensational compared to FSX.  I still use both. Might even have to get more into airliners. I'm a true fan of the radial period of flight. 

Robert, thanks for the excellent answer.

It certainly covers both questions and actually a few more, and does match exactly what I also think regarding both platforms.

And, from the growing number of posts we can read at the forums, it looks like, gain and as usual, PMDG did it !  Your first offer for X-Plane 10 is already a success!

Makes sense :-)

Main Simulation Rig: