Sign in to follow this  
mystific

Plane freeze on gear up / gear down

Hi!

I have a serious problem with my 737NGX - P3D version.

I use it together with FS2Crew and simserver but otherwise vanilla P3D v3

Sometimes (not always) when i choose gear up or gear down the aircraft freezes (displays, control surfaces, gear). When this happen in gear up one way to fix it is to click the left PFD to get it as a separate window, the aircraft then suddenly returns to normal.

When gear down that does not help but sometimes it has helped to do the same with the FOs right PFD.

Is this something known and/or how do I fix it permanently?

Is this something known and/or how do I fix it permanently?

Never heard of this issue. Sounds like something else is interfering.

Full names in the forums please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Full name as in the signature (I added that now)?

I forgot to mention that the problem goes away if you turn the gear back to previous state (eg. if frozen when gear down, if you select gear up again everything is back to normal until next time, vice versa for gear up)

How can I find out more about what might interfere?

How can I find out more about what might interfere?

What is simserver? I'd honestly start there.

Kyle Rodgers

Simserver is lika virtual-CDU, a web server that allows you to use any touch devide as FMC. I disabled that and still encountered the error thou.

I also thought it might be Active sky but disabled that as well and still same behaviour. (running a presaved scenario over and over again,

(running a presaved scenario over and over again,

This might be the issue. Try it using a fresh panel state.

Kyle Rodgers

But it does also happen when i start from scratch, the repeating scenario was for testing with or without addons to see if that had any effect. Is there any logs for the ngx?

But it does also happen when i start from scratch, the repeating scenario was for testing with or without addons to see if that had any effect. Is there any logs for the ngx?

Not directly. What version of Prepar3D v3 are you using? 3.1, 3.2, 3.3?

Kyle Rodgers

That makes sense, Vernon, and might help OP. Maybe a panel state, even one used with "start from scratch" is the culprit.

This is a really odd problem, and those are usually in the corrupted panel or flight files category.

Dan Downs KCRP

The saved panel states is somehow messing with the NGX. But it doesn't happen alot though!

Vernon Howells

So to reload a panel to a built-in pmdg state b4 each flight might help?

That is a good way to troubleshoot; however, as Vernon mentioned, corrupt panel states are rare. I have a set of my own that I use for setting up at the gate on ground air/power and I've never had them corrupted.  Also every saved flight/scenario has a panel state file unique to it and I've had one of those act odd over a period of several years with almost daily use.  It happens but not often.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have encountered the error in a lot of different situations, and sometimes the problem occurs just the first time and when I solve it (By at gear up clicking to get a 2D version of the PFD) and then it occurs no more during a flight (Seemingly a bit random when it occurs and not).

What can be the issue that when the gear is moved all displays freeze and even the controls are increadibly sluggish. Could it be that some communication in the airplane gets overloaded with some kind of communication that the communications between the ngx and the sim cannot get through?