Sign in to follow this  
mystific

Plane freeze on gear up / gear down

Could it be that some communication in the airplane gets overloaded with some kind of communication that the communications between the ngx and the sim cannot get through?

That would not be my first guess, Mats, the gear animation and functions do not go thorough a communications channel such as simconnect but are part of the model and are implemented (to my knowledge) though the simObjects in the aircraft container.

My first guess would be some interaction between FS2Crew and the NGX, I believe it does use simconnect for such things.  See if removing FS2Crew changes symptoms.  Try their forum where you will find support and help readily available.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'm having the same problem now. 2D Panel state doesn't fix it. It only happens sometimes, including a brand new flight. Sometimes it happens after takeoff, other times on approach (gear won't go down). All the displays freeze and the controls are very laggy.

Sometimes the problem fixes itself too, for example just now my landing gear wouldn't retract after takeoff, but when I tried again at FL180 it worked.

2 hours ago, mrjeeves said:

I'm having the same problem now. 2D Panel state doesn't fix it. It only happens sometimes, including a brand new flight. Sometimes it happens after takeoff, other times on approach (gear won't go down). All the displays freeze and the controls are very laggy.

Sometimes the problem fixes itself too, for example just now my landing gear wouldn't retract after takeoff, but when I tried again at FL180 it worked.

Please start a new topic and fully describe your problem.  Also include if FSX or P3D and other addons you are using.  I suggest you may want to review the PMDG forum rules and note they ask that we sign all our posts in their forums.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can honestly say that on V4.3 and the latest update to the NGX, I am encountering this freeze/lock up problem every time I take off. I always start in P3D  at a gate with engines running. I shut down the engines after the "setup countdown" so as to do my Virt. Airline / GSX stuff. I can taxi fine, but come take off and raising gear, the sim stutters a few times - like way too many textures trying to load in - then freezes. I can do the gear thing and have tried the clicking on the screen(s), but no luck getting back into the flight.

My system is i7 8700k, 32gb RAM with an EVGA GTX 1080i 11GB, 1TB SSD drive and a 4TB HDD. This is a new computer, only a week old. I use nearly all ORBX products, from the airports to the most all LC, Regional and Global scenery textures, FTX Vector. All are up to date - spent nearly a week reloading it all 😀. I do not use the HDR or the dynamic lighting at this time. At first I was and the problem began right after the update, so I turned off HDR and Dyn Ltg to see if t hat was it. 

Don't know if the above will help. Right now only recourse seems to be uninstalling and re-installing the 737 and not do the update.

Kind regards,

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

On 6/2/2016 at 5:25 PM, Driver170 said:

This happens to me with presaved panel states

It even happened to me when i downloaded a C&D panel state from the AVSIM library for the 737NGX, btw i'm using FSX SP2 and the 700 variant