Sign in to follow this  
andreadebiase

Are airports runways directions/numbers fixed compare to FSX?

Thinking of jumping ship from FSX to P3d and i have a couple of questions I would like to ask:

In FSX some airports have the runway number incorrect, mostly off by one digit. For example, LTBA has runway 23 in real life, has runway 23 in PMDG 737 but is 24 in FSX and is not right messing up my flight which is mostly with PMDG 737. Have airports been revised and fixed in P3D?

FSX has a notorious bug where text disappears when asked a question from ATC and you cannot reply unless you do the "way around" which is to change frequency and change it again, has this nonsense been fixed in P3D?

Thank you

The LTBA runway was correctly named 24 when FSX was created. Runway designations change over time as the magnetic North pole moves. If you use an up to date Airac you will always risk your sim being out of date.

Peter Schluter

If you download ade you can manually change the runway numbers

You can also change the actual heading as well

Pete Little

Doesn't this just change the navaids rather than runway numbers?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

thank you for your replies, they all help, so can I assume that P3D being a more recent software doesn't have this magnetic pole problem?

also, what about the ATC bug?

so can I assume that P3D being a more recent software doesn't have this magnetic pole problem?

Navaids update Read me file clearly states that it is supposed to update FSX, FS9 AND P3D (all versions) !!! i guess this answer my question about P3D not having updated airports....that's disappointing

Navaids update Read me file clearly states that it is supposed to update FSX, FS9 AND P3D (all versions) !!! i guess this answer my question about P3D not having updated airports....that's disappointing

It's a question as to what you mean by "update". The Navaid file updates ILS frequencies so you can use current Airac files and use the frequencies and procedures. It does not update the runways, for instance, in KFLL the main runways are 9L and 9R but they are now renamed  in real life , 10L and 10R. If you pull up to the runway entrance in P3D, the runway markings on signs and runway will still have the old numbering. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It's a question as to what you mean by "update". 

I am talking about the runways having the old numbering. I would expect that a fairly recent software that can be as expensive as $199 to come with the runways corrected and not simply inherit the old ones from a 2006 software. Ultimately i have the feeling that P3D is a better choice than FSX but I am not sure that is worth at least for me, not if i have to apply some of the same fixes and patches. ATC from what I read has stayed the same too. The only real thing that would attract me to P3d from what I read is a better handing of the PC hardware resources but as long as FSX runs really smoothly I don't really care much...not for that $$. (ofcourse i may in the end go for it simply because it is supported whereas FSX is dead, at least officially). 

If its just runway numbers your concerned over,use ade and change the number of the runway manually.

It will then show up in the sim with the correct one.

Pete Little

It does not update the runways, for instance, in KFLL the main runways are 9L and 9R but they are now renamed  in real life , 10L and 10R. If you pull up to the runway entrance in P3D, the runway markings on signs and runway will still have the old numbering.

Guys, just take the time to read what is provided

The FSX/P3D World Navaids package will update navigational aids (VORs, NDBs) in selectable world areas (worldwide coverage)...In Europe region, all data (VORs, NDBs, ILSs, runway identifiers, approach lighting systems, PAPIs and optionally intersections) are corrected.

ILS/Rwy regional updates will correct ILSsrunway identifiersmarkers and all embedded NDBs in other regions than Europe. In the US, lightings and PAPIs are also corrected

Consequently KFLL runway numbering is corrected in North America ILS/Rwy regional update..but not in FSX/P3D World Navaids package

Hope it will clarify

It's a question as to what you mean by "update". The Navaid file updates ILS frequencies so you can use current Airac files and use the frequencies and procedures. It does not update the runways, for instance, in KFLL the main runways are 9L and 9R but they are now renamed  in real life , 10L and 10R. If you pull up to the runway entrance in P3D, the runway markings on signs and runway will still have the old numbering. 

Nope, the runway markings are updated as well if you install the correct packages.. :smile:

Bert

Nope, the runway markings are updated as well if you install the correct packages.. :smile:

I am now sitting on what is runway 10L at FLL ( where I soloed BTW) and I am looking at the signs in P3D and markings on the runway and they look like this   9L

I have installed both packages. It changes the magnetic variation, which it clearly states in the Install readme, not the runway signs or numbers. 

2016-6-4_17-32-10-616.png

Just download a recent AFCAD for airports you want corrected. Applies to both P3D and FSX.