Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dakota

CS C130 Engine Startup Problems

Am I going insane or does the C130 can not be started from cold/dark setup, anything i do i can not get this bird powered up, however it does startup if i do CTRL+E which is default MS startup. can any one shed light on this, drives me crazy, awesome plane but for goodness sake startup is not working.ThanksAndre

Have you trid CS technical support or contacting CS directly?Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic

>Have you trid CS technical support or contacting CS>directly?>>Cheers,>>John>>Boeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanic>No answer from them. I am woundering has anyone been able to start it from the cold / scenario ?

Guest SaVas

>Am I going insane or does the C130 can not be started from>cold/dark setup, anything i do i can not get this bird>powered up, however it does startup if i do CTRL+E which is>default MS startup. can any one shed light on this, drives me>crazy, awesome plane but for goodness sake startup is not>working.>>>>Thanks>>Andre>I have read on one of the other threads, cant remember which, that there is a bug somewhere along the start up procedures that wont allow you to start the engines through the systems.Im also sure that right now CS is busy answering emails about purchases and anything else that someone asks, so for now I would do Ctrl E to start them up when you get to that point where the bug resides and email their tech support with the specifics then have patience.

Guest tracker_tech

I posted this in another thread but thought it might help here as well:Downloaded the aircraft last night and, as an ex-fitter on the CP-140 Aurora, I just had to start up the old T56's from cold. It took a bit but I managed to get them going using air impingement starting with air from the GTC (APU). While I can't go through the whole procedure just now, remember that:- the ECL levers have to be in the RUN position;- there has to be a path for the air from the GTC (APU) to the engine that you are starting so make sure the GTC BLEED AIR VALVE is open, the WING ISOLATION VALVE is open for the side that has the engine you want to start (leave the other side closed or you may lose air), and ENGINE BLEED AIR switch is open on the engine you want to start;- put TEMPERATURE DATUM CONTROL VALVES to Auto;- use ENGINE FUEL ENRICHMENT (provides extra fuel for starting);- Make sure you have electrons (for the igniters) by making sure the GTC generator is online and supplying power.- press and hold the start switch for the engine until you get light-off (ignition)- once your engine is running ... reset the generator for that engine and make sure it's online;- close the GTC BLEED AIR VALVE;- then use the ENGINE BLEED AIR from your running engine to start the other engines ... and remember to make sure both WING ISOLATION VALVE switches are open when attempting to use air from an engine on one side of the aircraft to supply an engine on the other side!Hope this helps...Cheers,BrianFlight Simmer since version 2ex Aero Engine Technician (CP-121 Tracker, CC-115 Buffalo, CH-113 Labrador, CP-140 Aurora, CT-133 Silver Star)

Guest Akflyin

Hello Sir,The problem is that the GTC Generator will not power up the Essential AC bus ( At least on my aircraft :0) ) So With no electrics, I can't start from Dark and Cold. CS is aware of the problem according to recent E-mails.I am using Control+E to start engines until a fix is made.Hope this helpsDave in Alaska

True, the GTC is not powering the ESS AC Bus, but the biggest problem is that for some reason, by default, the Wing Isolation Valves are closed. Check under the guarded switch and make sure they are in the NORMAL position, switch down. After that, if you have the GTC and ATM online, you should be able to start. It is not realistic for one because those switch guards shouldn't be in a closed position with the valve switch in the CLOSED position. And also, you have no power to the ESS AC Bus, but they can be started. I had the same problem as Dave, but after my post in the other thread in this forum, it was pointed out about the Wing Iso Valves. Once you do get the engines going though, look out because that engine start cycle is way too fast!ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpg

Guest Akflyin

Hi everyone,Thanks for the tip about the wing Isolation valves. Works like a champ. Guess I assumed that the valves were already open like on the actual aircraft. :0)I agree, Chuck, Start sequence is pretty fastFly safeDave

Guest Dakota

I think it is really sad that AVSIM has to become the technical support forum and shoulder the bandwidth for a company that refuses to have one. Get real captain sim and support your customers!

I agree Dakota it is sad but what is great is that there are some great guys willing to step up and help people. I guess I like to look at the positive.

The first time I managed to start from C&D a lot of instrument, like some of the engine instruments, the adi, fuel gauges and the radar didn't work. I found out that the generators needs to be reset after engine start before they can deliver power. That goes for the ATM as well. Should I be able to start at all w/o ground power, and ATM generator out of business? He, he, maybe she't too easy to start?Eagle

Guest leonpo

I am also finally managed to start engines from cold and totaly in VC.The main items to remember:1. Reset generators before turing them on.2. Wing isolation valves3. Bus tie (put to left position)4. Relevant engine bleeds onIn total very nice bird.Now waiting for IAF repaints.Leon

Guest SaVas

>I think it is really sad that AVSIM has to become the>technical support forum and shoulder the bandwidth for a>company that refuses to have one. >>Get real captain sim and support your customers! While I can understand such ideals, I find it no matter what payware company, I get the best support from other users. Instead of waiting for a response from people that are on the other side of the globe from me, sleeping when I am awake, having them respond to my message or inquiry while I in turn am asleep, then waking the next day, I could have had 10 responses from other users, and often times more clearly understandable than from a tech support person with some payware company.But, honestly, I dont mind them not having a forum. 99% of anything I buy doesnt have a forum for me to discuss problems, or isues that might arise.People are too quick to not come from infancy and still require being fed from a bottle.

First, Avsim has ALWAYS been a place where people are helpful, and I'm sure it will continue with the CS Herc ... we may not all agree about everything, but I believe people will share their secrets.Second ... this seems to be a very nice piece of software. Looks good, flies like a very heavy aircraft ... but is responsive ... at least seems to be after one flight!!I am, however, very frustrated (and I feel LAME and very STUPID) that I cannot start the engines other than with CTRL+e. Since it seems that many of you have started the engines, I hope one of you nice folks will look at what I am doing and help me out.I have run the ACE config and set up with all the goodies.1. Start fs with the default cessna, pick an airport any airport, shut down the engine, turn off the batteries2. Choose the CS herc 130E ... USAF3. Up comes the herc with battery on, condition levers in run, 1,2,3 & 4 boost pumps and xfeeds on and open although the fuel gauges are dead.4. open the gtc door, power up, when "on speed", turn on bleed, note manifold pressure of 35% ... turn on ATM .. reset and turn on Gen ... note ac volt and freq ... appears active and ok5. leave DC bus tie to left (I am confused about the DC Bus tie .. in the doc it is discussed as AC Bus tie and DC bus tie ...)6. Open left wing Isol valve, open #1 bleed, turn all temp datum switches to auto, all fuel enrichment to normal (they were already there)7. push and hold the starter for #1 ... nothing happens. I've gone through this multiple times, starting from within ACE, from FS .. nothing seems to make any difference.HELP!!!Thanks in advance!!!!Regards,Paul BenoitKSAN