Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dakota

CS C130 Engine Startup Problems

Thanks all for help i did get it to work and flew all the way to Antarctica from ChristChurch airport, long flight but was fun, landed there in some nasty weather, ofcourse sadly MS really messed up all of the scenery there, perhaps in future it would be better. ThanksAndre.

First of all thanks to AVSIM for their great Forum(s). Whenever I have any problems with anything to do with Flightsim this is my FIRST stop; not the site where I purchased the aircraft or site I downloaded a freeware aircraft from. Secondly I was able to get the C-130 to start in part because after my many attempts I actually read the manual from start to finish. Thirdly I was able to get the aircraft to start because of all the great tips and info provided by the great folks that take the time to help all FS enthusiasts. Thanks to all !! Craig

Guest panda234

too cool. we now have 2 that got it to start. billg

Fellow simmers. Here is the sequence in words and pictures that I haveused to start the C-130 after loading in FS and THEN shutting down theengines manually. The only way I have been able to get it to start from Cold & Dark is to Depress the Ctrl, Shift, and F4 keys between steps 14 and 15. Perhaps I am missing something so please let me know if that is the case.1. Temperature datum control valves to AUTO.2. Condition levers to RUN3. Left & Right wing isolation valves to NORMAL4. Essential DC Bus to ON5. Voltage and Frequency Selector Switch to the LEFT position6. Switch to Battery7. Switch to Essential DC Bus ON8. Air Turbine Motor toON9. GTC Door OPEN10. Bleed Air OPEN11. Start gas turbine compressor (red then green light will illuminate.12. Reset generator select switch and turn to ON13. Bleed Air to # 1 engine OPEN14. All Boost Pumps ON15. Depress Start Button16. Start the other engines by turning the appropriate bleed air to open.