Sign in to follow this  
tangerine

Prepar3D - Turbine Duke - Landing at Lake Tahoe - TrackIR

Nice.  (But, blue line on final...k?)

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Haha, yah.     Well below both Vse and Vmc on short final here.     The Realair sim is nice but the turbine engine lag is pretty unrealistic as modeled.      Way, way too much lag in both engine spool up and spool down.     In the actual aircraft you can hold the blue line with whatever power setting is necessary until the aircraft is just over the runway threshold, then pull the engines back to idle for a smooth landing just above stall.     With the Realair sim you have to bring the engines back to idle somewhere about 200-300 ft. agl to account for the unrealistic spool down.      If you were to try holding the blue line over the runway threshold in the Realair sim, you'd float halfway down the runway before touching down.    

Haha, yah. Well below both Vse and Vmc on short final here. The Realair sim is nice but the turbine engine lag is pretty unrealistic as modeled. Way, way too much lag in both engine spool up and spool down. In the actual aircraft you can hold the blue line with whatever power setting is necessary until the aircraft is just over the runway threshold, then pull the engines back to idle for a smooth landing just above stall. With the Realair sim you have to bring the engines back to idle somewhere about 200-300 ft. agl to account for the unrealistic spool down. If you were to try holding the blue line over the runway threshold in the Realair sim, you'd float halfway down the runway before touching down.

I think I maintain about 81 Ng on final and bring it to idle over the approach lights somewhere.  You're right...any later than that, unless you 'put' it on the runway and hit the reversers, you'll be looking at the 'other' approach lights.  :) 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM