Sign in to follow this  
FlushedDevotee1

Best P3D V3.3 Settings for my PC

hello, I am new to P3D V3 and I migrated from FSX SE. I am wanting to know what would be the best P3D V3 settings for me to run with my computer. My computer has an Intel core i7-4700MQ CPU@2.4 GHz Quad core and GTX 750. I know my computer is not the best to run P3D V3 but I can deal with it. The addons I use right now is PMDG 777, Aerosoft airbus, ORBX Global, GSX, Ezydok, Flightbeam KSFO, and Imagesim KATL. My problem is I will get a solid 23 FPS per second but then all of a sudden it will drop down to 8 FPS. I was just wondering if there is some suggestions to optimize my performance on P3D V3 thanks.

Welcome to AVSIM, however I believe you need to add a signature to your posts.

To answer your question, if you are new to P3D, then I presume you have just acquired v3.3. It will be a bit early for other users to provide advice specific to that version as they will be still exploring and testing themselves.

Generally speaking though your FPS fluctuations could simply be due to flying into heavy cloud or a densely populated airport environment. What weather do you use and any AI? AI setting as low as 30% should still provide a good outcome.

Also, generally sliders in P3D don't need to be as far to the right as in other platforms to provide good results.

Ian S

38.jpg

Signature only required in PMDG forums 

Rich Sennett

As of right now I don't have Active Sky Next installed but I did have World Of AI installed at 30% in the sim. I am just looking for the sliders so the sim will look good but at the same time have good performance. 

I am just looking for the sliders so the sim will look good but at the same time have good performance. 

Well, only you can decide that and figure that out... Just set the options that are important to you high and then lower them one by one until performance is good.

No one can decide for someone else what sliders to set high or low, what looks good and what good performance is. It is all very subjective. Even with similar hardware options may have to be set differently in order to get similar performance. It's not only subjective from the simmer's point of view but also when it comes to hardware. 

As of right now I don't have Active Sky Next installed but I did have World Of AI installed at 30% in the sim. I am just looking for the sliders so the sim will look good but at the same time have good performance.

A lot of the WOAI traffic files aren't compiled with varying percentages, it's either 1% or zero. What this means is that in P3D, FSX or FS9, when using a lot of WOAI packages, setting different percentages of traffic in the sim won't necessarily decrease the traffic. If a package is compiled for all the traffic at1% then it will display all the traffic unless you set the slider to zero, basically making the traffic slider useless. Some of the WOAI traffic files have percentages other than 1% but not all.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator