Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

P3D V3.3 Black Clouds

Anyone has issues with black clouds? i did check cloudnoise.dds and is there, but when i fly clouds around plane are black, anyone see that with their install?

I had them but cured it by installing the content update and clearing the shaders folder

I had them but cured it by installing the content update and clearing the shaders folder

Which shaders folder?

Thanks

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

If you used any of the available shader programs, undo their job, restore the shaders (shadersHLSL) and clear the shader cache.

PTA has a new version HERE

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Yea reinstalling content did nothing for me, i think it has to do with shaders tool i used before.

Which shaders folder?

Thanks

Chas

The one in the prepar3d area in local appdata. I'd applied a shader tool before it was 3.3 compatible and couldn't undo the damage. Reinstalling the client and content files and clearing the shaders did the trick

hmm strange i did similar and still no luck, i guess gona try again, or full reinstall.   seems i am not alone at least thats good sign :)

I was dealing with black clouds too, RSP installed on v3.2. After updating client i got the black clouds also. Reinstalling content didn't help. So I did a full installation of P3Dv3.3, that was the only "fix".

Sergio Naiberg

Restoring the ShadersHLSL folder and deleting the shader cache fixes the issue, no need for a full reinstall.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Only the two cloud effect files in P3D/ShadersHLSL need restoring (via RSP), and their respective 'cloud' cached files in the \users\<username>\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders need removing. 

Not sure if the rest of the shader tweaks remain from 3.2, but this certainly gets rid of the black clouds. 

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Im having exactly the same problem.  I posted it on the P3D site this moring. 

Me too.   I could also use the originals... dummy here

Eric

Do you install RSP too? Because if you did not really sure what you would want P3D to tell you since you Modified their files...

OK folks - these files are COPYRIGHTED material and, as such, can not legally be exchanged.

Any further requests for someone to supply them or offers to do same are in violation of the Avsim TOS and those users will be dealt with accordingly.

There are perfectly legitimate ways to recover these files -  from a backup or do a repair install.

Don't have a backup? Don't want to do a repair install?

Sorry - maybe you can learn from that.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

OK folks - these files are COPYRIGHTED material and, as such, can not legally be exchanged.

Any further requests for someone to supply them or offers to do same are in violation of the Avsim TOS and those users will be dealt with accordingly.

There are perfectly legitimate ways to recover these files -  from a backup or do a repair install.

Don't have a backup? Don't want to do a repair install?

Sorry - maybe you can learn from that.

Vic

Dont think anyone requested anything in here to exchange or download/upload just something to watch out for others and learn from others mistakes, is what i take out of this.

Actually, they did and I removed the posts.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

ah... the black hand of "moderation"

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg