Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Tesselation messing up ground textures

Since  I upgraded  to 3.3 if tesselation  is on my ground textures  are gone.  I have autogen  but no ground textures. 

Also, some  of my clouds  are now black! 

I tried reinstalling  Client and content. No joy. 

Anyone? 

If you used any of the available shader programs, undo their job, restore the shaders and clear the shader cache.

PTA has a new version HERE

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I have the same problem, no ground textures will load, i just see autogen and buildings..

Well, depending on the system, ground loading can take a long time as the shader cache has to be rebuilt the first time P3D runs.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Are you guys using any ground texture addon such as FTX Global or GEP3D? Maybe reinstalling the textures help? Also remember, when you run the Content update, it will revert your Autogen files (such as the ones from FTX) back to Default.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Are you guys using any ground texture addon such as FTX Global or GEP3D? Maybe reinstalling the textures help? Also remember, when you run the Content update, it will revert your Autogen files (such as the ones from FTX) back to Default.

Yep.I'm using ftx global. I tried reinstalling no cigar. I reverted to the previous version and  am happy as a pig in s

Hope that LM finds a solution then. Updates should provide improvements and should not break the sim.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I did a clean install of v3.3.3 last night and had no issues. However upon loading the default aircraft and scenery had a blank screen followed by a slow load of all scenery and textures, which I then sped-up by rotating the hat switch in 360 degree turns five times or so and that settled the scenery. Not had a chance to to test any payware airports by UK2000, Aerosoft, etc but will do so this evening and will report if I encounter any issues.

However upon loading the default aircraft and scenery had a blank screen followed by a slow load of all scenery and textures,

That's common when first time loading, it takes time to build the shaders/cache file. It also occurs when you rebuild the shaders file.

bob

So far I have installed and tested Aerosoft Anchorage, Taxi2Gate MMMX and KSEA and FSDreamteam KMEM and all working well. Issues with UK2000 ground textures and I understand Gary is already looking in this with a way to fix. Otherwise P3D look incredible and haven't had any other issues.