Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

Ezdok - Terrible view system

Hello guys.

I really like Ezdok shake effects. But I don't want to use it because I really hate the view system, and the need to completely set your views by yourself. I got really used to the default FSX view system. Is there any way to use only shake effects from Ezdok?

Or.. is there anything else, which has good shake effects? I saw Opus, I saw AccuFeel. But none of it seemed natural.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Jan Podlipsky

Gosh, setting your own views is, perhaps, the big benefit of EZDoc.  I can usually have my views for an airplane set up in about 2 minutes.  What don't you like about it?  Maybe there's some adjustments.   

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I completely agree with the OP. I am unable to freely move around the cockpit with SPACE + mouse movement and that's a huge deal breaker. Having predefined views doesn't cut it for me.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

It is the most easiest way to setup your own personal camera views. It takes max 2 minutes per aircraft

Its my absolut best add-on for flight simulation.

Whats not to like ?

Michael Moe

I completely agree with the OP. I am unable to freely move around the cockpit with SPACE + mouse movement and that's a huge deal breaker. Having predefined views doesn't cut it for me.

Why not just use the arrow keys for moving around the aircraft with EZCA ??

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Too slow. SPACE + Mouse is much faster and much more efficient than using EZDOK. I can simply move up, zoom in with the mouse if required, click that switch i need to click, and return to my main view with the same efficiency.

It's a shame you cannot switch off the view system and use the "shaking" alone :sad:

• Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Too slow. SPACE + Mouse is much faster and much more efficient than using EZDOK. I can simply move up, zoom in with the mouse if required, click that switch i need to click, and return to my main view with the same efficiency.

It's a shame you cannot switch off the view system and use the "shaking" alone :sad:

Exactly my point!

• Upvote 1

Jan Podlipsky

Too slow. SPACE + Mouse is much faster and much more efficient than using EZDOK.

I'm not trying to sell it to you but you can use middle-click/mouse-move just as efficiently.  If you want it to move faster, you can adjust that.  There's a lot that's customizable.  You can assign single keys to create a view on precisely what you want at what angle you want.  Hit the key, you're there, hit a button and you're right back.  Over time I've learned a great deal about how to make it do a lot of things.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I've tried it Gregg, believe me, it just doesn't suit my needs, or maybe i can't get used to it :(

My license probably expired already anyway.

• Upvote 1

I've tried it Gregg, believe me, it just doesn't suit my needs, or maybe i can't get used to it :sad:

My license probably expired already anyway.

If speed is the issue, I'd go into the settings and speed them up.  Maybe even turn off the transition speeds so that it's instantly there on the new view when you click.  Make sure P2P is on so you can use the arrow keys and mousewheel (or zoom keys) to quickly zoom in and out...you can do this on a view by view basis.  You can also cycle from view to view to view very fast using a couple of keys if the little C button is clicked on a view.  I even have a view switch on the side button of my mouse.  You can even turn off the infernal click sound when switching views. 

Gregg Seipp

I consider Ezdok very unfriendly and tedious to setup. However, once Ezdok IS setup, it is just as easy, if not easier, to use than default FSX view system; middle mouse to look, scroll wheel to zoom, arrow keys to move about cabin, pgup/pgdown to move up/down.

Those that are steadfast and patient with the program, are definitely rewarded.

That said regarding OP's question, I don't see why Ezdok could not use the most of same FSX keys and end up with a near same view system as FSX default.

• Upvote 1

That said regarding OP's question, I don't see why Ezdok could not use the most of same FSX keys and end up with a near same view system as FSX default.

I get their point, I think.  I remember giving up the space-bar mouse-click when I got EZDoc.  I didn't like it but the additional views and ability to assign buttons and keys to them won out.  Honestly, I'm still learning things about it and generally find a way.   I watch a lot of youtube videos and I ask myself "how did they do that?" and I go digging. 

Gregg Seipp

I use space + mouse with ezdok.  In they key settings, you can set it, but it does not display that it registered.  So you can't "see" in the little box that it captured the command, but it in fact does.  Be sure to unbind space and space^ in the FSX/P3D commands, then set it in ezdok.

With ezdok, I took my time to setup one aircraft.  Then I save out the entirety of everything I've set as a file.  With each new aircraft I simply open that file and then spend about 2-3 minutes adjusting for the new aircraft.  

Also, keep in mind you can bind hat switches to individual views.  On my left hatswitch and rocker I have the following:

Left rocker: VC

Right rocker:  Lower panel/Switch Panel

Left hat:  Left window looking out

Right Hat: Right window looking out

Up Hat:  Overhead console

Down Hat:  G1000 or GNS750 view

Then the right rocker is for changing category (left/right) and cycling through views (up/down).  The above is a great setup combined with space bar to look around.  There isn't one thing I would want on top of what ezdok offers.  

Again, you CAN use space bar to look around.  Go in and register the keystroke in the key settings but remember it will NOT show you that it registered.  Be sure to unbind space and space^ in sim commands. 

It is the most easiest way to setup your own personal camera views. It takes max 2 minutes per aircraft

Its my absolut best add-on for flight simulation.

Couldn't agree more!  FS without EZdok is almost unplayable for me as I found out recently when FSUIPC setting was causing EZDok issues.  I've tried TrackIR and like it but, my default is EZDok.  Only problem with EZ is that it can be difficult to set-up exactly how you want it.  However, it's not impossible just takes some investigation and patience (or, perseverance).  I'd suggest really taking some time to create the perfect settings for yourself by reviewing the MANY forum post and Youtube videos that detail processes.

Hang in there, I to wanted to give up on EZDok a few times but now that it's working the way I want it's indispensable!

investigation and patience

Well stated.  I've only had it about a week.  Watched a few youtube vids and went to work.  I'll confess it was initially quite frustrating.  Probably for a solid few hours till I got one plane setup up decent.   Once I found the button assignments for individual camera views I really started liking it.  I tweaked the cameras on that one aircraft for a few days into perfection.  Now I've copied and adjusted them to others with ease.  

I'll agree ezdok may not be the most user friendly, but it is a very powerful tool, and like other powerful tools it really doesn't shine till you've gotten the hang of it.  

Indeed it is. Also the cool cinematic effect you can choose to have between cycling the cameras is genius. Even the speed can be adjusted

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png