Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

Ezdok - Terrible view system

Oh, I almost forgot.  Since you can save the settings for aircraft out as a single file, you can email them.  As an example, I've got a carenado ct206h setup pretty well, if this were one of the aircraft you wanted setup I could send you the file.  They are super easy to load and save.  I use the feature to load one file I've done onto fresh aircraft  I haven't setup yet and then just adjust them.  But with how many users are on avsim there is a good chance if you ask someone has already done the work and would save it out and share it with you.  If you want to add to, adjust, or change the aircraft a little from that point it'd still save you a bit of time.  

I'd urge anyone having problems with Ezdok to persist with it. I can't manage without it anymore. Once it crashed mid flight on me and I literally couldn't complete the flight without having to load Ezdok back up.

The space/mouse view thing is replaced by holding the middle button and dragging. Only 1 hand needed. You can speed it up or slow it down. Even on the fastest setting which is way too fast, I don't understand how someone can say it's too slow. It sounds like you haven't played about with it enough. If anyone can give me a reason why having to use the space bar (needs 2 hands) is better, then I'd love to hear it.

Same goes for the arrow keys and pg up pg dn keys, which are used for moving about in 3 dimensions. They can also be sped up or down. And as for the ability to set you own views and apply key short cuts to them, why would this not be an advantage over the default viewing system?

I do accept the point that the installation and initial setup is tricky when doing it for the first time. But when you get past that and get it set up just the way you like it, for me, there's just no going back.

Lastly, once you have everything set up to your liking, you can save it to a file and load it into another aircraft, so instead of having to set up views all over again, you can take your original file and just tweak it slightly for different aircraft.

To the OP: I hope you don't think we're all coming down hard on you, it's just very difficult for a long time user to comprehend how anyone could think the default viewing system is more superior. I suggest you stick with it for another while. Watch some videos showing how to use it. Once you have it set up to your liking you'll be glad you stuck with it.

Oh, and for the record, I love hearing the little clicky sound lol. I don't know why but it's like the sound of satifaction when I flawlessly float from 1 view to another  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

A quick question for you EZDOK experts.   I somehow have lost the view switching capability via the joystick #2 button.  It used to work fine but now it does nothing.

When it worked, each press of the button would change from the VC view to an outside view of the aircraft, then a tower view and finally back to VC view.  I tried uninstalling EZDOK/EZCA and reinstalling the latest version but no luck getting that function back. 

Also tried adding the button in the EZDOK interface but no cigar. 

I'm hoping there's a simple solution.   Thanks!

Alexander Alonso

A quick question for you EZDOK experts.   I somehow have lost the view switching capability via the joystick #2 button.  It used to work fine but now it does nothing.

No EZDok expertise here but if you have FSUIPC installed, I would check the setting there as my previous problem (which seemed to come out of nowhere) was due to a change in FSUIPC setting.  If not FSUIPC (probably isn't), have you cleared the button layout in your simulator to ensure there aren't any conflicts?  Finally, you may want to do a quick Google search on the problem - there will surely be a bunch listings that may give you an idea on how to resolve.  Trust, there is a resolution out there...

Good luck.

Thanks for your quick reply!

I should have mentioned that I did double-check the FSX control settings to make sure that there were no conflicts. 

I do have the full FSUIPC and will double-check that as well, but I haven't touched it since it was installed and set up initially.

I definitely have checked Google but could not find a similar issue.  Also checked the EZDOK support link (I believe it is in SimForums.com) but no luck there, either. 

I think what messed things up was that I tried to install the "free" Windows 10 upgrade (currently running Win7) and it could not install and reverted back to Win7 but appears to have messed things up for EZDOK.   It's the only change that I have attempted fairly recently. 

Thanks again!

Alexander Alonso

Another fan here.

A tip for setting up.

Create the PIC ( pilot in command) position first.

Right click the view and clone.

Select the clone and then edit and move your camera to a new view i.e down and right for the pedestal or up for an overhead. Then save this view.

Rename the view (a bit janky, I found you have to click several times before you can rename)

Rinse and repeat, always starting at the PIC view, then clone, then edit.

I find doing it this way gives you a nice transition between views. The zoom is cloned and the height distance etc of your view somewhat replicates just moving your head around.

I set up another views of instruments for example when close up work is necessary.

I also bind my internal views to my num pad. I use Nbr 5 for PIC then select the numbers around that to sort of replicate moving my head in that direction. Eg Nr 2 is look down. Nr 0 is look back over my left shoulder, Nr 6 would be the FO position. BTW I bound the Period key on the num pad as my edit key so I can use the complete num pad for various internal views.

Sort of like X-Plane you might say.

As others have mentioned after saving your settings, import it to a new aircraft and edit as necessary.

Another thing I do is limit my external views to just 4 or 5 interesting ones. I figure if I can afford to be outside admiring the view then I have time to use the sims built in views etc.

Cheers,

howevr

(a bit janky, I found you have to click several times before you can rename)

One a fairly rare feat of document reading, I saw that you have to click three times.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Open the ezca config and go to the view you want to move around in. turn on the POV (I think) green button, that let you use the keyboard arrow keys to move around and page up/page down for up and down. Hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse for a mouse look too. Can't live without ezdok.

Thanks for your quick reply!

I should have mentioned that I did double-check the FSX control settings to make sure that there were no conflicts. 

I do have the full FSUIPC and will double-check that as well, but I haven't touched it since it was installed and set up initially.

I definitely have checked Google but could not find a similar issue.  Also checked the EZDOK support link (I believe it is in SimForums.com) but no luck there, either. 

I think what messed things up was that I tried to install the "free" Windows 10 upgrade (currently running Win7) and it could not install and reverted back to Win7 but appears to have messed things up for EZDOK.   It's the only change that I have attempted fairly recently. 

Thanks again!

Are you running windows defender? The latest update on windows 10 causes windows to have a bit of a falling out with the exca.exe file. You'll need to add an exclusion in windows defender. Ezdok stopped working for me recently, and adding this exclusion fixed my problem.

Having said that, your symptoms arent the same as mine. For me, I couldn't get ezca.exe to lad at all. But still, it's worth a shot.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I love everything about EZDOK and am trying really hard to see it any other way. But I can't. It's versatile and 100% customizable. It does take patience to understand.

Personally, I have a ton of fun setting up all of my custom camera views for every aircraft, each mapped to hat switches. One hat controls basic views, like front, back, right, left and forward. The other hat gets me close to panels, gps, etc. Couple that with TrackIR, and it's the next best thing to Oculus.

It may be useless for flying tubes for all I know. I only fly prop GA aircraft.

EZDok should be set to NOT run as administrator. Unless you are running P3D. None of the exe files should be compatibility mode or set to run as administrator. This has caused crashing and other issues for me in the past. I also re-order the main camera.cfg file ezdok edits to number them all in order, and change the zoom levels, also the latest beta, 1.18.7, and the latest variables.ini file too. A lot of work to get one program working but worth it. Like everything flight sim, takes so long to adjust things for your setup.

edit: and one more step I remove all the camera entries in the aircraft.cfg of every aircraft that I fly. Since Ezdok controls views I don't see why these entries are needed and it has not given me issues.

Hello guys.

I really like Ezdok shake effects. But I don't want to use it because I really hate the view system, and the need to completely set your views by yourself. I got really used to the default FSX view system. Is there any way to use only shake effects from Ezdok?

Or.. is there anything else, which has good shake effects? I saw Opus, I saw AccuFeel. But none of it seemed natural.

Thanks!

Exdoc is simple to set up. Is one of my must have programs! Lots of good youtube tutorials out there for setting up.  It only takes 5min or less to set up an aircraft.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

P3D and the upcoming DTG sim really need a built-in view system. Just look at what X-Plane has. It is so much simpler to use...

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I use x-camera for XP. its amazing!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Open the ezca config and go to the view you want to move around in. turn on the POV (I think) green button, that let you use the keyboard arrow keys to move around and page up/page down for up and down. Hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse for a mouse look too. Can't live without ezdok.

If i could use the same SPACE + mouse to look around, most of my issues would be fixed. Middle mouse button doesn't cut it because if i want to move any knob in the VC, i can't because i'm holding the mouse wheel. And it still doesn't provide the freedom and speed the default mouse look does.

EZDOK could be good (for me) if it didn't interfere with the default viewing system, that was a mistake, and it can't even be configured to do so.

Also, if by some reason i want to shift my seat position a bit to the right or to the left, i have to configure some default aircraft view. If i use CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to move, i'll be shortly taken back to EZDOKs configured view. I really need this freedom, which is not provided.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11