Sign in to follow this  
lanmancz

Update notifications ?

Hello,

I'm a new to PMDG so please forgive me if I ask something silly but when new updates come out will there be some notification please ? A pop up when the aircraft is loaded or e-mail perhaps ? Or should I check these forums once in a while ? Will update notifications be posted here ? I understand there already was one hotfix released but I don't see any notification thread here.

Will update notifications be posted here ?

Here or on our Facebook page.

The update was a soft update. We'll announce an update once the official one releases.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Here or on our Facebook page.

The update was a soft update. We'll announce an update once the official one releases.

How can we get this update?

How can we get this update?

Full names - first and last - in the forum please.

Kyle Rodgers

Do you have to un-install the previous product before installing with the new update?

Do you have to un-install the previous product before installing with the new update?

Yes though apparently you can use the old installer to update. Not sure if it's the same.

Since it's a full installer, I would recommend it.

Yes though apparently you can use the old installer to update. Not sure if it's the same.

To be clear, you download using the existing download link, but you should not attempt to use the old installer to update. It will be the same file name, but you only want to use the one you just downloaded.

Kyle Rodgers

Can I just copy/paste my livery folders to the new updated DC-6 instead of re-downloading and installing?

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Can I just copy/paste my livery folders to the new updated DC-6 instead of re-downloading and installing?

You should be able to but this update concerns livery issues so I'm not sure.

• Upvote 1