Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

More good News from IPACS today!

That sounds very encouraging. I look forward to seeing the progress that is made.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

World2AeroFly :-)

Just write me back if you're looking for a donor for this one :-) Would be definitely a winner :-)

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

World2AeroFly :-)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Great news!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Nice to see some actual plans. The developers seemed rather confused and lost at first. They've also released a small patch that improves a couple of things like movable eyepoint (by default the pilot sits with the back of his head pressed against the headrest so you can barely read the instruments).

It's going to be very interesting to see how the ATC module turns out. Very few sims have managed to provide usable ATC so that's going to be a challenge. Hopefully it will also include AI traffic eventually, something I really miss when using sims that lack it, such as X-Plane and AFS 2.

Improved usability of airliners should hopefully also include the systems in the smaller aircraft. They need a proper GPS rather than the overhead map they have now. Also they need to have working mixture controls.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Seems like good news :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

As a sidenote, IPACS is a rather small team, certainly nothing to compare to LM or DT. I read somewhere they're barely able to follow all threads around on several fora. Thus, if you have definitive proposals, its suggested to either post them on their forum under

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/forumdisplay.php/44-Aerofly-FS-2-Flight-Simulator

or on the Steam forum under 

http://steamcommunity.com/app/434030/discussions/

which they both actively follow.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

the ATC part i don't trust, could be a lie to boost sales.  2 weeks ago they had no idea on how to add atc...

ipacs aerofly  [developer] 14 May @ 8:33am 
This is planned, but to be honest we have no idea yet on how to actually do it.

We would really like to wait for more user feedback until we see how ATC can be implemented.
  • Upvote 2

Excellent news about the higher resolution ground textures and systems complexity.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Are those airliners that can be seen at some large airports only static models?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I believe they are Christopher. There is yest no AI traffic in Aerofly AFAIK... That was also the case with MS FLIGHT, apart from some missions and the "policemen" :-)  and that's probably in part why it was able to deal with it's job maintaining good FPS...

Anyway, I believe adding AI to Aerofly is certainly going to appear in IPACS's TODO list anytime soon, particularly if a growing number of users justifies the investment from their small team.

I am holding my credit card because last year I spent way too many $$$ in simming with the jumps between platforms before settling with P3Dv3, PSX and IL2 BoS/BoM + RoF as I am now and intend to be for a good while. But at the same time I think I see the potential in Aerofly, and it reminds me of FU2 and 3, as well as PP99, and as much as I would want to have been able to support those platforms and latter MS FLIGHT, and finally have the civil flight simulation platform of my dreams...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

PilotEdge is in contact wiyh AeroFly for reading there data so PilotEdge can provide us a program using PilotEdge ATC with AeroFly and multiplayer aircraft...

So there are plans to Have ATC in Aerofly.