Sign in to follow this  
fritzisbro

The new flight simulator 2016

Most scenery objects shouldn't require much if any work for "64bit" sim versions. The largest effect of this change will be to gauges and support dll files that will require recompiling to 64bit code.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Most scenery objects shouldn't require much if any work for "64bit" sim versions. The largest effect of this change will be to gauges and support dll files that will require recompiling to 64bit code.

I don't even want to imagine the possible confusion at that point with multiple versions of every possible product floating out there. I'm sure that making installers will be hilarious.....

Steam installation will be a lifesaver, at that point.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

...unless you decide to stick with FSX : SE. None of us have actually seen the new DTG Flight Simulator yet. It might end up being a pile of rubbish.

I would like to take this moment to apologize to all the rubbish collectors in the world.  We respect your strength and bravery each day, getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to help rid the community of rubbish.  The statement made above was not intended in any way to offend, insult or otherwise demean the profession of rubbish collecting.  :LMAO:

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in but here goes...

Amidst all the talk of SDK's and whether this will be similar to FSX or completely new, I want to broach something a bit different and where I would like to see DTG break the mold...

***I want my flights in the virtual world to serve a purpose***

One of the problems with current FSX and its predecessors is that you don't really feel part of the airline industry, it's all a bit abstract.

I want to be able to run a company timetable and be checked against it. Fly proper legs without popping up all over place.

I want my flight quality to be rated and scored as my career progresses.

I want to see passengers boarding and alighting from my plane and busy concourses at the terminals I fly into.

In some respects an amalgamation of what VAs (but with the ability to save en route and accelerate time) or add-ons like Airliner Pilot or FS Passengers bring to FS9 and FSX but more besides. In 2016 and on 64 bit it needs to be a living breathing world around our aircraft, in as much if you go back to MSTS in 2001 we had bare platforms with no passengers (other than static) to TS2016 with people everywhere.

Obviously optional for those who prefer the traditional lonely sky and airport but IMHO certainly if this is going to appeal to a wider audience not necessarily awed by the technical aspects, then some pzazz other than an, "Oh is that it", as you pull up at the gate will be needed to keep them going.

• Upvote 1

Ermmm... with all due respect, it's only a game... (DTG IS a games company & their products are delivered via the largest games distributor)

So ALL I want is....

Fun, Fact & Fiction (appologies to Garry L Smith)

Also, something that just works without spending more time tweaking & fiddling than flying..

A career in simming? Maybe join a real flying school & start your career there?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Amidst all the talk of SDK's and whether this will be similar to FSX or completely new, I want to broach something a bit different and where I would like to see DTG break the mold...

One of the problems with current FSX and its predecessors is that you don't really feel part of the airline industry, it's all a bit abstract.

I want to be able to run a company timetable and be checked against it. Fly proper legs without popping up all over place.

I want my flight quality to be rated and scored as my career progresses.

I want to see passengers boarding and alighting from my plane and busy concourses at the terminals I fly into.

In some respects an amalgamation of what VAs (but with the ability to save en route and accelerate time) or add-ons like Airliner Pilot or FS Passengers bring to FS9 and FSX but more besides. In 2016 and on 64 bit it needs to be a living breathing world around our aircraft, in as much if you go back to MSTS in 2001 we had bare platforms with no passengers (other than static) to TS2016 with people everywhere.

Obviously optional for those who prefer the traditional lonely sky and airport but IMHO certainly if this is going to appeal to a wider audience not necessarily awed by the technical aspects, then some pzazz other than an, "Oh is that it", as you pull up at the gate will be needed to keep them going.

I don't think a more visually integrated flightsim world is that far off. I think the future is bright for flightsimming. We are still limited by hardware capability though

Ermmm... with all due respect, it's only a game...

Exactly my point! MSFS for all we enjoy it can, at times, seems more like a chore than entertaining. That add-ons like FS Passengers exist at all prove there is sometimes a need for something more. 

And I want my environments to be populated same as in GTA V (maybe minus the guns).

And I want to pretend 9/11 never happened so I can prop the flight deck open so I can look back in the cabin, have a button to make humorous announcements at inappropriate times and deal with requests from the cabin crew.

Age, eyesight and lack of qualifications prevents me going and working for a real airline but let's have a bit of fun with it on the PC (while not ignoring the serious side).

Ermmm... with all due respect, it's only a game... (DTG IS a games company & their products are delivered via the largest games distributor)

That doesn't preclude us from demanding the most realistic simulated environment possible.  (I believe you  also support that)

Quite arrogant to demand..

Maybe get better results in  requesting? Yes, I do support realistic sims, that's what upgrades are all about.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Quite arrogant to demand..

I'd say collectively here,  we do demand - and set the bar quite high.  What we ultimately get is another story

I'd say collectively here,  we do demand - and set the bar quite high.  What we ultimately get is another story

Whats ultimately financially as well as technically possible, (given heavily rouged dotage of the simulation engines we remain wedded to) remains another story as well.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I want my flight quality to be rated and scored as my career progresses.

Obviously optional for those who prefer the traditional lonely sky and airport but IMHO certainly if this is going to appeal to a wider audience not necessarily awed by the technical aspects, then some pzazz other than an, "Oh is that it", as you pull up at the gate will be needed to keep them going.

It's momentous enough to create an 'upgraded', fully featured, next gen version of FSX but you also want them to fully incorporate Air Hauler and FSPassengers into the sim?

That is asking quite a bit IMO.

It could be done if they simply patch up FSX but that's kind of what FSX:SE is.

hats ultimately financially as well as technically possible,  remains another story as well.

Yup.  There lies the problem

I still can't shake the idea of DTG Flight Simulator ending up being nothing more than yet another version of FSX with 64bit bells on. Is that really enough?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

with 64bit bells on. Is that really enough?

In the longer term yes. In the 1-2 year period. No.

From my perspective, the most important part of the new platform, is that they make it easily accessible with the necessary tools for further 3rd party development as far as possible. That's what will make it shine.

Stock sims are never 'worth' it.