Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

Glareshield raindrops

Any chance of that happening? It is one of the biggest advantages of X-Plane imo.

I love the sound effects on rain. The raindrops would match them perfectly.

Thanks

Thiago Braun

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I was also wondering why there are no rain effects at all or if there was something wrong with my install. It's pretty much a standard on payware airplanes for XP10 especially at this price point.

I sincerely hope PMDG will consider adding them in a service pack or something.

I keep wondering why this is requested.  Rain drops do not appear on the windshield in flight... there's a smear of water but no drops. Even in a small Cessna you're too fast for the comical representation of rain drops I've seen to be realistic.  Now the really cool effect I'd like to see is snow lit by landing lights at night... that's trippy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Now the really cool effect I'd like to see is snow lit by landing lights at night... that's trippy.

Actually, X-Plane does that by default - although it cheats by lighting up all the snow rather than just the particles that are within the landing lights range. Still, it looks pretty neat when you turn on the landing lights while flying in snow at night.

I believe they are more so talking about on the ground. as the DC-6 does not have the advantage of prop wash to blow it off. Hence the wiper blades :D 

Brenden

I keep wondering why this is requested.  Rain drops do not appear on the windshield in flight... there's a smear of water but no drops. Even in a small Cessna you're too fast for the comical representation of rain drops I've seen to be realistic.  Now the really cool effect I'd like to see is snow lit by landing lights at night... that's trippy.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to dispute that

I can clearly see the rain streaming across the window on this MD-11 at about 1 min in.

I've seen it on lots of other videos too, not sure why you think that's not realistic...

On a lot of addons the drops turn to streams,depending on airspeed etc. not just raindrops the whole time.

• Upvote 1

I must say I fly a Piper Archer and while I don't see a rain drop as per a droplet I do see visible moisture on the windscreen.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I don't think this effect it over done, looks pretty good to me.

It can't hurt to ask and if their customers don't ask they won't worry about it. FSX killed the rain effects( even though they weren't that great) and very few dev's have done anything in this regard on that platform or P3D.

On the X-Plane side though it is common on higher end payware.

I too wondered why the raindrop effect is missing from the windows. Even when sitting on the ramp and its raining it would be nice to see some drops appear. Why have working wipers when there is no rain effect?