Sign in to follow this  
Babou90

Weather Radar?

First I would like to congratulate everyone at PMDG on an amazing product. I was also curious if there were any plans to add items such as a late 40's early 50's weather radar; or better yet an engine analyzer? These aren't big things and the lack thereof in no way detracts from the aircraft. I just felt that since t-storms in X-Plane have ruined my day before it would be nice to see them before i get in trouble. I have no practical reason to want or need the engine analyzer I just think its cool :).

Matt Cottrell

I was also curious if there were any plans to add items such as a late 40's early 50's weather radar; or better yet an engine analyzer?

You'd be hard pressed to find any kind of weather radar unit back then. It wasn't until 1948 that they even started experimenting with airborne units, and they became required in 1964 (after production ended).

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds good, the unit was referenced in my United Airlines DC-6 manual so I figured I would ask.

Matt Cottrell

Sounds good, the unit was referenced in my United Airlines DC-6 manual so I figured I would ask.

United and Pan Am both pioneered some interesting stuff back then, but I think a lot of it was custom work to get it in there, and not so standard.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for clearing that up, and also thank you for picking the -6 for PMDG's intro into X-Plane! Hopefully this is a sign of more to come in regards to classic airliners ;).

• Upvote 1

Matt Cottrell