Sign in to follow this  
wedgantilles

Controls mistrimed after loading tutorial situation 1

Hello,

It seems I have an issue, possibly with the situation file though I am not sure of this.

I'm trying to do obviously the first tutorial, the issue I face is that right after loading the situation both the aileron and ruder axises are displaced. at first I thought it was a controller issue so I check my axises assignment and also restarted x-plane and checked after removing the gust lock it looks good.

As soon as I load the situation file both the aileron and rudder trim are immediately deflected, the control column is deflected to the left, the rudder is not centered either, and I see the elevator trim change gradually.

I have no other axises than aileron/rudder/brake left/brake right/throttle axises set inthe joystick and equipements section.

I've tried setting the trim to counter that but if I can manage for the aileron, I can't return the rudder to normal. Also both Aileron and Rudder trim indicator are displayed as deflected while their, "static" indicator are set to 0 which looks good.

Here are pictures I've taken first show trim indicators and aileron trim wheel, second rudder trim wheel, thrid control column.

http://www.atlanteans.net/DC-6_6.png

http://www.atlanteans.net/DC-6_7.png

http://www.atlanteans.net/DC-6_8.png

My config is new, and I did very little with X-plane, the only software installed are:

* Real Weather Connector

* SkyMax Pro 3.1

* IXEG 737

The hardware I'm using is a saitek X-55 and Saitek Pro Rudder.

Running on Windows 10 Pro 64bits

Core i7-6700k

GeForce 1080 GTX

16 GB DDR4

Gigabyte Z170-HD3P

Try redo on the controls calibrations, including both tabs making sure the centered is set.

Dan Downs KCRP

As soon as I load the situation file both the aileron and rudder trim are immediately deflected, the control column is deflected to the left, the rudder is not centered either, and I see the elevator trim change gradually.

Turn the AP on and off to re-set it.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello

Try redo on the controls calibrations, including both tabs making sure the centered is set.

I have tried this, but nothign is wrong as far as calibration.

Turn the AP on and off to re-set it.

Ok that did change things although I had to do a bit more to get it apparently right.

Turning autoflight on and off recentered the yoke, and from what I could see outside it was okay but the indication was still not correct with a left roll indicated.

To correct it I had to activate gyro and then then the autoflight only then it got both right.

Also it really needs to do those two steps, AP on/off, Gyron On, AP on/off, Gyro Off to get it right.

it seems okay but the elevator ap trim is still dflected and I've not found a way to centered it, as a result the aircraft has a huge trim up from this part, to be able to takeoff I need to use the trim control ad to put it around the 5 nose down position.

Another thing as I had this surprise not having checked the trim first which was a little nose up the Aircraft rose it's nose just after full power is set, although there I cannot tell if it is right or wrong, but it seems weird that just releasing the brake the aircraft nose wheel would almost instantly leave the ground if mis trimmed or pulling on the yoke (it happens before 40 knots).

Ok that did change things although I had to do a bit more to get it apparently right.
Turning autoflight on and off recentered the yoke, and from what I could see outside it was okay but the indication was still not correct with a left roll indicated.
To correct it I had to activate gyro and then then the autoflight only then it got both right.

Also it really needs to do those two steps, AP on/off, Gyron On, AP on/off, Gyro Off to get it right.

it seems okay but the elevator ap trim is still dflected and I've not found a way to centered it, as a result the aircraft has a huge trim up from this part, to be able to takeoff I need to use the trim control ad to put it around the 5 nose down position.

Another thing as I had this surprise not having checked the trim first which was a little nose up the Aircraft rose it's nose just after full power is set, although there I cannot tell if it is right or wrong, but it seems weird that just releasing the brake the aircraft nose wheel would almost instantly leave the ground if mis trimmed or pulling on the yoke (it happens before 40 knots).

Something definitely seems off here. Thanks for reporting.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok just fidling a bit more with the autopilot switches I got the elevator at least stopping from it's "motion" by also activating/desactivating the altitude switch :)

I guess there is something that cause that, but at least I can fly the first tutorial now :P

Something definitely seems off here. Thanks for reporting.

No problem, if you need any more info, or want me to do open a ticket, do let me know :) I've asked here first because I felt I might have been doing something wron, and would not want to open useless tickets ;) Seeing how complex it is from the other products.

No problem, if you need any more info, or want me to do open a ticket, do let me know :) I've asked here first because I felt I might have been doing something wron, and would not want to open useless tickets ;) Seeing how complex it is from the other products.

It's usually better to go directly to the support queue if you're sure of something, but I do appreciate seeing posts here, because sometimes it's more of an issue of someone's setup, and having other users weigh in is a good way to find out if that's the case.

Kyle Rodgers

True :)

One final bit of information, as far as I can tell also it happens only with the first scenario file, the second has absolutely not the issue so I guess there is something either in the situation, or something specific that happens on my system when loading the first situation file.

True :)

One final bit of information, as far as I can tell also it happens only with the first scenario file, the second has absolutely not the issue so I guess there is something either in the situation, or something specific that happens on my system when loading the first situation file.

I'm having the same experience with the first scenario.  I thought I was doing something terribly wrong until I found this thread.

Also, when I select the dry runway takeoff with the AFE, he overspeeds my engines until I start getting the warning that the engines are being damaged by overspeed. I didn't have this problem when not using the scenerio.

I'm having the same experience with the first scenario.  I thought I was doing something terribly wrong until I found this thread.

Also, when I select the dry runway takeoff with the AFE, he overspeeds my engines until I start getting the warning that the engines are being damaged by overspeed. I didn't have this problem when not using the scenerio.

Where were the physical throttles during this time?

Kyle Rodgers

Where were the physical throttles during this time?

I keep the throttles all the way back to idle.  The first time it happened it was my doing because I had my reverser lever on without realizing it. All of my engines were being damaged by the AFE.

When I caught that and corrected it, then when the AFE was setting my throttles for takeoff, the engine damage warning just kind of flashed on then off before the throttles got set full for takeoff.

I keep the throttles all the way back to idle.  The first time it happened it was my doing because I had my reverser lever on without realizing it. All of my engines were being damaged by the AFE.

When I caught that and corrected it, then when the AFE was setting my throttles for takeoff, the engine damage warning just kind of flashed on then off before the throttles got set full for takeoff.

If it flashes, that's not too bad. If it remains on, that would be an issue.

Kyle Rodgers

If it flashes, that's not too bad. If it remains on, that would be an issue.

Hello,

You're right.  It's not a problem.  

But I am finding that the scenarios seem to be a problem, even if I save them myself.

When I load the scenario, I cannot get my yoke to align properly, even with all of the trims at zero.  Then if I reload the DC-6, my yoke is aligned perfectly.

It's not a big problem because, using the AFE, it is easy to get the aircraft ready for any flight even without the scenarios, and just use the scenarios to put the aircraft in the correct parking spot.

I can just load the scenario, then reload the aircraft and get it ready myself. 

The scenarios do seem to have some problem though.

I just made a quick run of the sim to check things and it is corrected with the new version released today :)

So I believe this thread can be marked as answered :) I will do the tutorial flight again this weekend :D