Sign in to follow this  
CloudSurfer

Mac and Windows Dual Pack?

Hi,

Are there any plans to offer a discount for a second platform? e.g. if we've purchased the Windows version now, will a discount be offered for buying it for the Mac platform when it is released (or vice-versa) for those of us that want it for both platforms?

Rob Smith.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I would like this very much.  Every other plane I buy I can fly in both Windows and MacOS.  I can only have one OS on at a time since my Mac Pro is partitioned with MacOS and Windows so I boot in to either one.  Even the IXEG I could install on both my OS's Mac and Windows.  I just have to register on each OS with my serial number which is no problem.  I buy it once for any of the supported OS for X-Plane which is Mac Windows and Linux.

Rob,

We do not plan any discount programs, sorry.  This is always a ripe area in which we take criticism, but it remains a long standing policy that we treat all simulation platforms and OS's as separate license requirements. 

"nameless/dbvetter"

Please take a moment to read the forum guidelines for all PMDG forums.  I've been punching the "hide" button on a ton of your posts here and it is starting to feel like i'm picking on you- but i'm not...  we are a bit rigid on that requirement so if you could add a signature block to your posts- it would be most appreciated.

(And then i can stop making you disappear like an out-of-favor soviet era politburo member....)  :hi:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Rob

Here is my question on this as well.

I do own 2 networked imacs for achieving a greater field of view (130 degree master/slave). Do i need one or two licenses for running your DC-6?

thanks!

Manuel Merelles

Manuel-

Just one will do it.  If you get sideways with the license, just reach out to our support team for help.  We tell from the data what you are doing and we are always there to help!

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

We do not plan any discount programs, sorry.  This is always a ripe area in which we take criticism, but it remains a long standing policy that we treat all simulation platforms and OS's as separate license requirements.

By that standard, why aren't you offering separate licenses for Windows 7 and 10? :)

Just kidding, though of course from a user/customer's perspective, it's still frustrating.

Manuel-

Just one will do it.  If you get sideways with the license, just reach out to our support team for help.  We tell from the data what you are doing and we are always there to help!

thanks for the response, placed the order for my windows/bootcamp license, downloading now :)

Manuel Merelles