Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Is there any good reason to update to 3.3?

As I read the change log, nothing in there seems to really be of interest. Also I see a number of bugs being reported from very high VAS usage to terrible z-fighting at some airports. Is there any benefit that anyone can see to actually updating?

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

As I read the change log, nothing in there seems to really be of interest. Also I see a number of bugs being reported from very high VAS usage to terrible z-fighting at some airports. Is there any benefit that anyone can see to actually updating?

Not much time spent on it - to many other flightsim stuff going on but at first glance aircraft anti-aliasing looks great - cloud performance better and noticed night light payware is working better - no small stutters anymore - doesnt help much but may help - plan on staying with this version - airport stuff will probably be worked out at some point

If you are a Q400 fan you should wait as it has issues with 3.3

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

I found nothing in the change log to interest me either . 

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I think the best reason to update is if you like updating all of your add-ons and fixing everything that might get broken...

/s

• Upvote 3

Nope!

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Most addon companies have adopted the policy of only supporting the latest releases so eventually you will have to.

It's too hard for them to support every possible point release.

That being said I don't update anymore until I see that compatibility updates are released. The upgrade method sure as heck beats a  full reinstall  and I'm glad those days are behind..Used to take me several days to do a full reinstall , now I just wait until I get all  my ducks in a row and then upgrades mostly take less than an hour to do all of them. 

The only addons that really break are those that go outside the bounds of the SDK  and/or have to hook directly into a memory address (ASN/GTN/FSUIPC etc)

most aircraft and scenery are ok and FSDT has been really good about having their updates. 

• Upvote 1

updated with no issues - all my add-ons have updated so I'm good to go. So far haven't had any issues with anything. Two different systems - both happy.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I didn't hit any issues but I was just using ORBX NZ. I think it is a bit smoother on 3.3. Didn't have issues with blurries even using an AM unlike 3.2 and the one time I passed through cloud there was no performance drop which seems like good news. I hope performance isn't compromised if LM do decide to support 15 year old scenery again.

My one and only issue so far is nVidia DSR resolutions don't work for some reason, so I'm stuck on my monitors default. Otherwise all seems good, but unless you really want to update I see no compelling reason to do so right away.

Is DSR working for anyone else? the DSR resolutions are listed in the display options but changing it has no effect. Running 368.22's on Win10.

I didn't hit any issues but I was just using ORBX NZ. I think it is a bit smoother on 3.3. Didn't have issues with blurries even using an AM unlike 3.2 and the one time I passed through cloud there was no performance drop which seems like good news. I hope performance isn't compromised if LM do decide to support 15 year old scenery again.

Agree that it's time to move on supporting the really old scenery. I can live with the odd addon not working if it's the price of progress.

I've sat this one out so far, despite being a natural 'early adopter'. Is the change in cloud rotation an actual improvement? And does anyone else think the performance flying through clouds or elsewhere is better.

I am sure I'll be upgrading in the next week or so anyway, but I'm interested in whether this is an improvement.

Note: it was really just ASN support I was waiting for, and as SP5 Open Beta B5997 cover 3.3 I guess I'll be updating anyway right now. So changed my 'wait and see'  policy mid-thread. Upgrade time :)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

P3D 3.3.3, W7, 368.22  DSR works as advertised for me.

/Russell.

I will move to v3.3 as soon as there is a fix for the SDK2002 FSX sceneries. Also there are VAS issues reported in the Prepar3d forum. So far there are no reports on any 'improvements' in regard of the 3.3 fixes made by LM.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I will move to v3.3 as soon as there is a fix for the SDK2002 FSX sceneries. Also there are VAS issues reported in the Prepar3d forum. So far there are no reports on any 'improvements' in regard of the 3.3 fixes made by LM.

Ah, but will there be a fix for the FS2002 SDK non-compatibility? Or have we moved on past that?

I don't see an absolute need for LM to support scenery based on tech from that long ago. I'd prefer to fly with a modern engine, and if that means leaving the really old stuff behind, so mote it be.

UK2000: I've enjoyed flying with you. Farewell. <single tear>

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Personally, I dropped UK2000 products some years ago. At a time where companies like Flightbeam, FlyTampa, FSDT and a couple of the developers under the Aerosoft distribution label had shown what could be achieved with modern, updated tools and techniques the developer of UK2000 kept insisting on developing in an FS9 environment and subsequently porting his products to FSX.

I have never looked back. 

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Some (very) preliminary testing in our squadron indicates greatly improved performance regards to cloud rendering. That said, no wholesale upgrades until the add-on developers fully support it.