Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Is there any good reason to update to 3.3?

UK2000: I've enjoyed flying with you. Farewell.

I wonder how much work it's going to take to upgrade his stuff.  I just got some and I find his airports to be quite good.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

P3D 3.3.3, W7, 368.22 DSR works as advertised for me.

Hmm anyone on Win10 with working DSR in v3.3?  I have it working in everything else just fine, but not this, so before I try other drivers it would be nice if someone on Win10 can confirm please. :)

Personally, I dropped UK2000 products some years ago.

Yes, I too gave up on UK2000 years ago. It really began to feel like stone age stuff, despite some nice detail.

Most addon companies have adopted the policy of only supporting the latest releases so eventually you will have to.

Yep - Agreed..

But certainly not needed anytime in the first few weeks/months I'd imagine.

I'm definitely in the "let the dust settle" crowd nowadays.

As I read the change log, nothing in there seems to really be of interest. Also I see a number of bugs being reported from very high VAS usage to terrible z-fighting at some airports. Is there any benefit that anyone can see to actually updating?

Yes

Yes, I too gave up on UK2000 years ago. It really began to feel like stone age stuff, despite some nice detail.

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Gary's airports are really nice, and they have decent framerates. I am very grateful to him for developing a nice range of UK Xtreme airports, and also his VFR Airfields packages. Let's face it, who else is doing anything other than Heathrow/Gatwick/Manchester in the UK? Without UK2000, it is highly probable that I would never have used FSX or P3D.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

That's a bit harsh, isn't it?

No! it how how found them. I have all the UK2000 VFR Airfields and have tried some of the larger ones, and found them lacking; certainly lacking performance in many cases. The VFR Airfields were ok with Horizon's stuff, but I still prefered Tony Meridith's freeware version of the same fields.

Hi,

Depends on what your looking for, as for me it was a no brainer... P3.3+ now supports multichannel.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

That's a bit harsh, isn't it? Gary's airports are really nice, and they have decent framerates. I am very grateful to him for developing a nice range of UK Xtreme airports, and also his VFR Airfields packages. Let's face it, who else is doing anything other than Heathrow/Gatwick/Manchester in the UK? Without UK2000, it is highly probable that I would never have used FSX or P3D.

+1

Vernon Howells

Yep - Agreed..

But certainly not needed anytime in the first few weeks/months I'd imagine.

I'm definitely in the "let the dust settle" crowd nowadays.

Tend to think about the same. It's a pity those reports on high VAS and z fighting.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3.3 has some issues with the default scenery bleeding through add-on sceneries and causing flickering.

You might check this thread to see if you want to deal with this or not.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=119544

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Its worth noting that Gary has stated on his forum that he is going to move to full P3D (I assume v3.3) compliant development techniques, abandoning the 2002 Scasm techniques he's used for both FSX and P3D versions to date.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

LM Quote 

As you can see fixing one issue with the now standard z-bais ordering of scenery layers has broken something in the older ASM Method. So it's a point in the evolution of P3D that breaks a lot of older addons or even new addons that are compiled in the old way. The best you can hope of is that the developers will eventually update their software to be P3D compliant.

This is nothing new to developers as I'm sure they are aware from v1 days about the transfer of compiling methods. LM have no plans to remedy this now as it will break the fix for their preferred method. Its now up to the Developers if they want to upgrade their now incompatible software.
  • Upvote 2

Rich Sennett

Does anyone else still have poor cloud performance? For me the fps hit is the same as with 3.2, clouds basically cut my frames in half. Also in general I lost like 3-5 fps with same settings and scenario. Disappointing..

LM Quote 

As you can see fixing one issue with the now standard z-bais ordering of scenery layers has broken something in the older ASM Method. So it's a point in the evolution of P3D that breaks a lot of older addons or even new addons that are compiled in the old way. The best you can hope of is that the developers will eventually update their software to be P3D compliant.

This is nothing new to developers as I'm sure they are aware from v1 days about the transfer of compiling methods. LM have no plans to remedy this now as it will break the fix for their preferred method. Its now up to the Developers if they want to upgrade their now incompatible software.

In other words, stick with v3.2 until your favourite developers have got their act together, or v3.1 if you don't want those arcade waves :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Its worth noting that Gary has stated on his forum that he is going to move to full P3D (I assume v3.3) compliant development techniques, abandoning the 2002 Scasm techniques he's used for both FSX and P3D versions to date.

Correct!. I use several UK2000 scenery and I like them very much (love Leeds Bradford EGNM, for example). BTW, Gary also stated that the update to the new standards will take some time (probably months).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers