Sign in to follow this  
Cmmcd87

It is worth it, even if only for the Dc-6

(Awesome screenshots snipped ... make sure you check em out in the original post!)

I would love to see PMDG do some GA planes for XPX !

This.

All the big guys are making tubes; we need hi-fidelity GA aircraft .. utility GA aircraft & you know; bush planes! :)

Which is why I love the DC 6 .. it's just a whopping big bush plane. Wouldn't mind the DC 3 and Otters, Beavers, Pilatus 6's, Cessna 185's, 58/55 Barons, Aztec's, Commanche's, Cessna 208's, 207's ...

:smile:

For X-Plane GA, the VFlyteAir Cherokees are pretty darn good I must say.

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I tried the demo and was impressed by the smoothness and night lighting with pretty much everything maxed out in the settings. What I can't seem to find though is if there is anyway of having multiple joystick profiles. I use a registered version of FSUIPC in FSX/P3D to give me that ability. As there anything that adds that in X-Plane be it 3rd party software etc?

I tried the demo and was impressed by the smoothness and night lighting with pretty much everything maxed out in the settings. What I can't seem to find though is if there is anyway of having multiple joystick profiles. I use a registered version of FSUIPC in FSX/P3D to give me that ability. As there anything that adds that in X-Plane be it 3rd party software etc?

yes you need X-Assign...a free plug in that enables you to save up to three profiles per aircraft

Thank you for that information. Just discovered an X-Camera addon so I think that's my EZ-DOK replacement covered as well.

Yes they are .. and I have 4 of 'em :), but I hope they do the next level up from trainers! If I could get a vFlyteAir level  Otter, Beaver, Pilatus 6, Cessna 185, 58/55 Baron, Aztec, Commanche, Cessna 208, 207's ... any of these I'd be quite a happy chappy.

Yes they are .. and I have 4 of 'em :), but I hope they do the next level up from trainers! If I could get a vFlyteAir level  Otter, Beaver, Pilatus 6, Cessna 185, 58/55 Baron, Aztec, Commanche, Cessna 208, 207's ... any of these I'd be quite a happy chappy.

SMS make a very good quality DHC2 Beaver.

SMS make a very good quality DHC2 Beaver.

I have that too and it's very good :) ... What I REALLY want is something with the fidelity of IXEG, PMDG, AirFoilLabs or REP (or A2A for FSX).

Currently only AFL & REP create the level I'm looking for in GA .. vFlyteAir come very close .. but not quite yet.

Thank you :smile:  So cool to read such kind words.

:cool:  :wink:

Currently only AFL & REP create the level I'm looking for in GA .. vFlyteAir come very close .. but not quite yet.

Even "very close" is very cool to read, thanks. :smile:  We are currently investigating how we can increase systems depth in our next products, for example with failures due to wrong handling. But it's still a long way to go, and before any of that happens there is our 3rd Cherokee variant to complete the set and on which we're currently working on (because I :Tounge:  want a Cherokee 140 with Aspen glass panel).

• Upvote 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I like the competition aspect of this,a and also look forward to seeing what DTG does with the FSX successor.  I've pretty much transitioned from FSX to P3D but use XP10.  I exclusively use PMDG 737/777 for flying and truly can't wait to see them in XP10.  What I love about XP10 is that I've never seen an OOM error because of the 64-bit capability.  For example, I tested the VMax 757/767, which fall short of the PMDG standard, but I flew them over DD NYC and NYC airports scenery package and the performance was very smooth without any memory problems.  In the meantime, I'll enjoy the PMDG jets in P3D.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Look at http://shadetreemicro.com they make great planes, not so good in the texture quality but great in systems.

Yes, I have most of theirs as well. 

I want the whole package .. they have a lot of switchology and I'm sure the flight modelling is pretty good, but how it looks is part of the whole package.

Even "very close" is very cool to read, thanks. :smile:  We are currently investigating how we can increase systems depth in our next products, for example with failures due to wrong handling. But it's still a long way to go, and before any of that happens there is our 3rd Cherokee variant to complete the set and on which we're currently working on (because I :Tounge:  want a Cherokee 140 with Aspen glass panel).

Maybe I should've said "very darn close" .. because honestly I can't fault your planes. Make no mistake .. I think your Cherokee is brilliant.

Now, if you can please do a vFlyteAir quality plane from my list, I will promote your planes to first spot :D.

W.r.t. failures, I like the way REP's way of doing it and the proposed AirFoilLabs method as opposed to the random failure thing tha X-Plane has. I always turn that off. 

P.S. To give an idea of what I'm after; I will now only purchase a Carenado plane IF SimCoders state they're going to work on the model. Carenado planes shine with the REP addon .. but don't really interest me otherwise. 

Currently only AFL & REP create the level I'm looking for in GA

But if you're looking for that sort of depth and persistence, really, it's not like you have an overwhelming abundance of GA that fits that sort of role in FSX/P3D either. I can think of 5 true GA (non-warbird) planes for FSX/P3D that do: A2A 172/182/Cherokee/Comanche, and the Aerosoft / Macel Felde 4X DA20-100 (my personal favorite). The total will be raised to 6 if and when Marcel releases his PC-6.

There's a few others that have a few custom failures programmed in, or custom start code implemented, but that's pretty much it for out of the box solutions.

So 5 versus 3 really isn't too bad, especially when you consider the sheer number of payware aircraft available for the FSX/P3D platform. :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I agree with you Jim, on all counts.

I'm a die-hard XPlane user (have been from version 6) and only consider myself a dabbler in FSX / P3D.

My crusade isn't so much to make XP more like the other two, but to have the hard core developers take GA as seriously as they do tubes .

Judging by the popularity of the A2A and similar products in XPlane I posit that it may be a logical thing for a serious developer to include this often neglected part of simulated aviation into consideration.

Cheers!

P.S. come to think about it XP has mostly been very GA centric so I'm hoping that with more developers writing seriously for XP wouldn't be fantastic to get an IXEG, PMDG level of commitment in the GA market? Smaller operations like vFlyteAir, SMS etc are already showing that the future is brighter for the serious GA flyer. I

I use X-Plane almost exclusively these days. Once you get used to it and, just like FSX/P3D, add some decent scenery, it really is incredibly good!

I really think it's a great time for X-Plane right now. We've got a really great range of aircraft out recently which are finally rivalling (and dare I say it in some cases bettering!) the famed FSX/P3D 'favourites'. I really wish the upcoming FSL A320 was for X-Plane!

• Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S