Sign in to follow this  
Tony H

xcamera definitions for DC6

Apologies, I should have made clear that this thread was a request rather than an answer, perhaps by including a question mark in the title.

I can't find how to add it now.  Anyway, here's my post:

Anyone got a nice set of cameras set up for the DC6 that they'd like to share?

I've setup a few views but I'm not the best at it.

Thanks.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Hi, I also use xcamera for X-plane, meanly for using it with trackir.

I have to say that I really like the default view system in X-plane, but when using it with trackir it becomes a hassle, I can't enable / disable trackir per view which is possible with xcamera. 

On the other hand, xcamera comes with so much options, it’s a little bit tough to set up right.

I also would like to see a nice camera profile for the dc-6, both interior and exterior.

Cheers,

Onno Boonstra

Hi Onno, that's exactly why I use it as well and matches my experience with it.

"If only someone made EzDok for xplane".

Its great how you can have as many categories as you like.

The virtual walkaround that you can setup is nice as well (define a number of external cameras and have xplane move either manually or automatically between them.

I am going to try setting the number keys to show various cameras with the DC6 though.

Great addon.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Hi, I also use xcamera for X-plane, meanly for using it with trackir.

I have to say that I really like the default view system in X-plane, but when using it with trackir it becomes a hassle, I can't enable / disable trackir per view which is possible with xcamera. 

On the other hand, xcamera comes with so much options, it’s a little bit tough to set up right.

I also would like to see a nice camera profile for the dc-6, both interior and exterior.

Cheers,

Onno Boonstra

Hi Onno,

Can you use xcamera to get into the cabin and use the 3D internal view to set up wing/cabin/engine views?   I'm frustrated that I can't set up any 3D cameras outside the cockpit....or else I'm missing how to open the cockpit door and "escape" the cockpit, so I can set up some views from the cabin.

Any help is appreciated.

Bill

I find X-Camera a great add-on, really, much easier to setup than EZdok. I don't have a DC-6 configuration yet though, I'll make sure to post one.

Bill, you just have to create another camera and set it as "external" if you want to see the whole model of the aircraft from outside, otherwise it only shows what is visible from the cockpit. Was that your question? :)

Could anyone tell me whether it's possible to disable those head movements occuring each time one touches the brakes? Is that possible with or without X-Camera?

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

In addition to x-camera i also use the free plugin called "Pilotview".

Maybe  something to try out for you guys as well?

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Apologies, I should have made clear that this thread was a request rather than an answer, perhaps by including a question mark in the title.

I can't find how to add it now.  Anyway, here's my post:

Anyone got a nice set of cameras set up for the DC6 that they'd like to share?

I've setup a few views but I'm not the best at it.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'v posted an xcamera set on the Facebook page for the DC-6B pilot's group.

Bill