Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

DC-6 Manuals and Docs

Im sorry but where are the flight planning charts?

Full name on all posts here please.

No sure what you are asking... a flight planning chart could be a sectional with the planned flight drawn on it.  There are many performance charts in the POH, is that what you are looking for?

Dan Downs KCRP

by your answer im assuming the POH has everything needed to plan a flight from A to B? 

if so , i would like to know how you are planning flights with this plane

my name is Armando Alva

The POH will help you in the plane related portions of flight planning (e.g. how much fuel to load, fuel management, power management etc.) and it will help you find the radios and gauges for navigating the plane.

Navigational charts like enroute charts with high/low airways, navaids etc. of course are not part of the POH. You will need to get those through separate sources like Skyvector etc.

I am sorry Kyle ......Is there a manual included at the link?  

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

4 hours ago, Alaaar said:

I am sorry Kyle ......Is there a manual included at the link?  

No. Just the intro and tutorials. Much like our other products, the manual is for paying customers.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

55 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

No. Just the intro and tutorials. Much like our other products, the manual is for paying customers.

Just wanted to start warming up for this magnificent beast coming ahead :)

Alaa A. Riad

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

2 hours ago, Alaaar said:

Just wanted to start warming up for this magnificent beast coming ahead :)

There is a copy of the AF C-118 "dash-one" out there in the web, I've got a copy but I don't have the source url.  If you find it, it is a superb place to start learning about the aircraft systems.

Sorry, not every one knows what a "dash-one" is....., the USAF has a POH for every aircraft, which they call T.O.s (technical orders).  Even a radio has it's T.O. that the technician uses to maintain the radio.  There are a whole bookshelf of T.O.s for an aircraft and the first one in the series is the "-1", which is the POH and may have a number such as T.O. 1C-118A-1.  The manuals with a -2 -3 ect will be on different topics or systems in that aircraft.  A quick google search found several AF and Navy copies available at a reasonable price.  The benefit is that the dash-one is not word for word the same as the Douglas manual and is not redundant.

Edited by downscc
Add dash-one info

Dan Downs KCRP

On 4/13/2017 at 6:29 PM, downscc said:

There is a copy of the AF C-118 "dash-one" out there in the web, I've got a copy but I don't have the source url.  If you find it, it is a superb place to start learning about the aircraft systems.

Sorry, not every one knows what a "dash-one" is....., the USAF has a POH for every aircraft, which they call T.O.s (technical orders).  Even a radio has it's T.O. that the technician uses to maintain the radio.  There are a whole bookshelf of T.O.s for an aircraft and the first one in the series is the "-1", which is the POH and may have a number such as T.O. 1C-118A-1.  The manuals with a -2 -3 ect will be on different topics or systems in that aircraft.  A quick google search found several AF and Navy copies available at a reasonable price.  The benefit is that the dash-one is not word for word the same as the Douglas manual and is not redundant.

Many thanks Dan for very interesting and wealth of information ........ Something makes me very attached to the DC-6 I am not sure why I have never seen one before, trying some of the models at my VA made me really get very interested about it ........ I will google it and hope for the best :)

Alaa A. Riad

Military manuals are some of the best out there! I used the free C-69 manual from the web to prepare for the A2A Connie. Worked like a charm and all the performance tables are pretty accurate too.  

I think this page is The Vietnam Center and Archive of Texas Tech University - http://www.virtual.vietnam.ttu.edu/starweb/virtual/vva/servlet.starweb. When entering DC-6 military designations C-118A and VC-118A for search, multiple pdf-files are displayed. DC-6 was described in 6 separate files, I added them together and got one nice 490-page document with size of 60 MB.

But there seems to be  some differences between PMDG and Air Force aircrafts, some systems are different, procedures and checklists also. 

But still there is lot information in this flight manual.

Vahur Põder

Hi folks, 

has the third tutorial been published already? 

Thank you. 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

20 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

has the third tutorial been published already? 

Nope.

Kyle Rodgers

On 31/07/2017 at 2:09 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Nope.

Thanks, Kyle. 

I am especially interested in the tank management; 

figure 18 in POH gives a hint and a later chapter a reason to not empty the number 1 and 4 main tanks, 

but I have to figure out the proper moment in the course of the flight to switch tanks. 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --