Sign in to follow this  
RW1

ORBX unified LC lookup released

thx  for  the hu,  now makes it  a lot  easier  now:)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Even though it is certainly a nice idea not having to switch regions, it is now a VAS problem for people flying complex tubeliners. Flying a PMDG plane inside the FTX regions active will most likely lead to OOM errors. Therefore one now needs to de-activate the regions in the scenery.cfg to fly only with FTX Global (and possibly openLC). But well, with a good tool like SimStarter this is not to big of a problem...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

That was my concern, I always fly with global only when using airliners...hopefully they will add an option to do just this.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

no issues  although never  had  issue  with   vas  or  ooms  using  fsx  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Even though it is certainly a nice idea not having to switch regions, it is now a VAS problem for people flying complex tubeliners. Flying a PMDG plane inside the FTX regions active will most likely lead to OOM errors. Therefore one now needs to de-activate the regions in the scenery.cfg to fly only with FTX Global (and possibly openLC). But well, with a good tool like SimStarter this is not to big of a problem...

Here we go... Why would it be a concern? Scenery is only loaded as you approach, no matter if it is active in the scenery library.

Edit:  also, I may be wrong on this, but I believe all this does is precisely eliminate the need to lookup (and use) the correct LC for each location. You still had all the scenery active anyway, didn't you?

Region switching never disabled the scenery in the library anyway. The unified lc lookup makes no difference in this regard. confirmed by support staff at ftx forum recently.

I'm on my second test flight in P3D 3.2. VAS is not different than before, and I love not having to switch regions anymore because it created problems with 3rd party addons. For instance, GSX rebuilt its airport database every time I switched regions, and Aivlasoft EFB and FSCaptain had wrong airport information if I didn't run makerunways after every switch.

This a great improvement, thanks to ORBX for the new system.

Peter

Anyone having issues with the amount of time it takes to install the new libraries? I have tried three times to install and it gets to about half way and then seems to stop moving. I have been running the install through FTX Central.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Anyone having issues with the amount of time it takes to install the new libraries? I have tried three times to install and it gets to about half way and then seems to stop moving. I have been running the install through FTX Central.

Cheers, Pete

Try downloading Orbxlibs and running it that way.  Much quicker than waiting for FTX Central to do it, at least for me.

Ernest Pergrem

Try downloading Orbxlibs and running it that way.  Much quicker than waiting for FTX Central to do it, at least for me.

Agreed. Much quicker to download the whole thing from the support page than by doing it in ftx central

Thanks guys, I will give that a shot.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I am still concerned about being able to switch a region on or off, especially flying a tubeliner into the likes of Seattle or KSFO, airports like that perform much better without the region loaded. I hope ORBX will provide some kind of switching method. Their forums have been down off and on all night.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

am still concerned about being able to switch a region on or off, especially flying a tubeliner into the likes of Seattle or KSFO, airports like that perform much better without the region loaded

Just  untick the scenery in your  fsx  settings  been mentioned  in the ftx  forum already if  I remember  correctly

I hope ORBX will provide some kind of switching method

That's the reason for the new version to save switching from region to region so doubt very much they going to revert back again

Peter kelberg