Sign in to follow this  
juniz

PFPX Profile

Hello.

How do i add the aircraft profile, that is included in the documentation folder, to PFPX.

I've never added an aircraft before.

Hi Jonas. I don't think PMDG included a PFPX profile for the DC-6. However, you can find one here http://airlinerperformance.net/

There you will find a file for the DC-6B cargo version.

The DC-6B file needs to go into your users/public/public documents/PFPX data/aircraft folder. Just drop it in there and you're good to go.

Hope this helps a little.

Airlinerperformance.net offers instructions including screenshots:

http://airlinerperformance.net/installation/

Just treat the file provided by PMDG the same way.

ACH1506.jpg

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” — Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

How do i add the aircraft profile, that is included in the documentation folder, to PFPX.

Follow the directions in the Intro Manual  :wink:

I don't think PMDG included a PFPX profile for the DC-6.

We did. It's in the documentation folder.

Kyle Rodgers

The Aircraft profile (N6PM.txt) links to the performance file "Douglas DC-6B R2800-CB16.txt" when you've provided "PMDG Douglas DC-6B R2800-CB16.txt"

You'll need to edit N6PM.txt with notepad to link the performance file correctly.

You'll need to edit N6PM.txt with notepad to link the performance file correctly.

Last minute change to make it line up with the format PFPX required. I'll change it for the next release. In the meantime, changing the line is pretty simple.

Kyle Rodgers

Could you point me to the page number in the intro manual?

Peter Osborn

Could you point me to the page number in the intro manual?

The very last pages. Can't miss it. There's also a table of contents. Ctrl+F and "PFPX" would've gotten you there as well.

Kyle Rodgers

I give up Kyle. I tied ALL of the above to find this in the manual...but I must be missing something.

Peter Osborn

Same here, I've looked pretty good at the intro manual, and could not find PFPX info either by searching it, or even in the table of content. I checked the one online at PMDG site with the same result.

The current file I have ends at page 56 with the Setting Custom Hardware Commands chapter.

Looks like someone threw the wrong version of the Intro into the installer then. I'll look into it.

Kyle Rodgers

Looks like someone threw the wrong version of the Intro into the installer then. I'll look into it.

I also downloaded the Intro from http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/docs.html to see if it's different than what was installed, and it looks like it also ends on page 56. (The documentation for the DC-6 is great, by the way -- looking forward to a couple more pages of wisdom when the situation is resolved!)

The missing page is available with the update that realeased today. 

Tested it and worked without any issue :)

The missing page is available with the update that realeased today.

Could've sworn I'd written it into the original, but I'd done so much writing that weekend leading up to release, I might've just dreamt that I wrote it. Glad to have it fixed though.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello

I installed the file but it doesnt show in the aircraft template in PFPX. What a pain it is.

David