Sign in to follow this  
juniz

PFPX Profile

I installed the file but it doesnt show in the aircraft template in PFPX. What a pain it is.

Firstly - I did this as a freebie to toss in as an extra for people to use in PFPX, so I find it a little rich to see someone complaining about free extra stuff, but I guess it is what it is. This isn't a common thing for developers to go out of their way to do, but I knew DC-6 performance data isn't as easy to come by.

Secondly - if you put N6PM in the aircraft folder, PFPX will allow you to copy the aircraft into another one, or save it as a template.

So...sorry for the oversight, but...gift horse...mouth. That whole deal.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Firstly - I did this as a freebie to toss in as an extra for people to use in PFPX, so I find it a little rich to see someone complaining about free extra stuff, but I guess it is what it is.

And very much appreciated !!

Hello

I installed the file but it doesnt show in the aircraft template in PFPX. What a pain it is.

David

You probably missed a step, I followed the instructions and have had no issue it appeared perfectly fine in PFPX. I've not tried using it to plan flight because I'm still learning it and it's still difficult to manage the aircraft correctly. Took me several time to manage to land with the first tutorial, coming in too quick and can't bleed enough speed.

From memory there is two files you need to copy to two different folders in the PFPX Data subfolders. If you did it properly it should appear just fine. Just one thing to be careful there are two files that looks like the same name only one start with PMDG and the other not, make sure to use the one listed in the intro document, I believe it is the one without PMDG in the file name.

You should probably manage to add it fine, just looks carefully at the indications and it should be setup in 5 minutes ;)

I think the missing bit would be on PFPX Side to have a nice simple import menu to integrate new aircrafts which would make things easier.

And very much appreciated !!

Yes. THIS! We users are complaining about everything but don't say thanks if something is good or a goodie comes for free. So thanks PMDG (and Kyle)  :hi:

• Upvote 1

Hello

David

Hey David,

Just checked very quickly what you should have following Kyle instructions is a file named "Douglas DC-6B R2800-CB16.txt" in the C:\users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\AircraftTypes folder. This step allows you to get the aircraft type for adding a new aircraft to your fleet in PFPX (Aircraft Manager > Add New Aircraft)

Placing the N6PM.txt file in the C:\users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\Aircraft folder will give you an already configured aircraft to your fleet, you can then go ahead and create a flight plan choosing N6PM as the A/C registration.

The most important step is the first one as the second would not work without it. If you added these as this and it's not working you could try having support from the PFPX team ;)

Hello

Firstly, I am very new to xplane 10, it takes some time getting use to it. Nonetheless, thank you for the freebie and anything else that goes with it.

David

Additionally,

I forgot, thanks to all of you that was trying to help, I did get it to work. Beautiful plane by the way. :)

David

We did. It's in the documentation folder.

Weren't you working on one for the Jetstream a while back? Did you ever finish it? 

Weren't you working on one for the Jetstream a while back? Did you ever finish it?

I started one with some community input before I joined the team here, but it was low in the pecking order of things I had to get done. People started complaining about the length of time it was taking, so I gave people what I'd done up to that point for them to finish.

Kyle Rodgers

I started one with some community input before I joined the team here, but it was low in the pecking order of things I had to get done. People started complaining about the length of time it was taking, so I gave people what I'd done up to that point for them to finish.

Ahh that's a shame, but you moved on to bigger and better things so it's understandable. 

Kyle, thank you so much for working these PFPX files up for us.   I just got the DC-6 for P3D and this will be a big help to have templates for this aircraft.

Jerry

• Upvote 1

Jerry Hayman

Kyle,

Thanks for PFPX files. It did work perfect.

• Upvote 1

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Hi,
is the profile still available somewhere?
Couldn't find it on the website.

Regards

Henrik Witbaard

48 minutes ago, Hewi said:

Hi,
is the profile still available somewhere?
Couldn't find it on the website.

See fourth post in this thread from Kyle.

Dan Downs KCRP