Sign in to follow this  
Mustang-242

FreeMeshX Coverage Map

I'm a little embarrassed at the length of time it has taken to finish this simple little map, but I'm pleased to finally present a basic FreeMeshX coverage map, which I started back in February. I'm sure it won't be too hard to make a better one, but it'll do for now :lol:

I'd like to send a huge thanks to Daniel & David for the incredible piece of work that is FreeMeshX is. You've made an amazing contribution to the community. I raise my cup to you! :Cuppa:

Although most of the FMX regions are self-explanatory, some of the remote islands and boundaries between continents could fall into one or more regions, so hopefully this map can help some people choose which regions they want or need to download to cover certain areas, especially those on slower or metered connections.

Map Legend

NA = North America

SC = South & Central America

AN = Antarctica

E = Europe

A = Asia

AF = Africa

AU = Australasia

26843694594_4bc5eb1cdf_b.jpg

FreeMesh X Coverage Map

Slightly larger version available here: https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7323/26843694594_e62e800328_o.png

Cheers all!

Martyn

• Upvote 2

Unless I am missing something, the United States is not covered. When do you think the United States will be covered?

Sorry, just saw the pinned update on USA, my bad. Keep up the good work.

hi =)

i just want North America,Central america and caribbean  wich ones do i delete in order to not have south america???  i went to the folder but its complex can you please help me?

The naming format is simple to follow.

Each file is a 10 deg latitude by 10 deg longitude tile. The name of the file is the southwest corner of that tile. So N10W080 is N 10 degrees, W 080 degrees.