Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Unified LClookup...in Orbx Central v2

Go and get er...

I just migrated to the new look-up system for FSX and both versions of my P3D.

Very...very cool!

After the migration, you no longer need to ever switch areas of operations, that you needed before. 

Want to fly in areas controlled by GLOBAL...do it....want to change from an airport inside Global Region, to PNW?   

Do it....and when you plunk down in let's say KORS....you are up and running in that region....no more Hybrid mode...

You can now fly non-stop...trans-continental in the Orbx World....and it is now seamless!

WOW...

Go and get it...grab the new Library File....that triggers the Migration...and then open up each simulator within Central v2 to start the migration routines....  let them finish...and WAIT until the migration tool TELLS you it is done...and the migration is complete.

Defrag if you have a defrag tool....

Have fun...

Whats the difference. I always flew global in hybrid mode anyway

ZORAN

than if  that's  what you  do than there  be  no  difference,  for  most of us  had  to switch  regions   all the time  if  we  want  to fly  in that part of  the  world  now  we  don't  :)

Just  downloaded  and  installed  it  with no issues  works  a  treat

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What happens to those of us that fly tube liners into SC region and deactivate it because of performance issues, should I ignore this? I'm afraid I'll get OOM if SC stays active at all times.

Have fun...

Thanks Mitch for the information about this new "tool".  I have been trying to download but your e-mail caused hundreds of thousands of users to want to download the update at the same time causing the site to go down (I can see smoke in the distance from my window), then back up and then back down and now it's telling me it will take 10... no 13, no 3 days to download.  I can wait.  :Waiting:

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Mitch for the information about this new "tool".  I have been trying to download but your e-mail caused hundreds of thousands of users to want to download the update at the same time causing the site to go down (I can see smoke in the distance from my window), then back up and then back down and now it's telling me it will take 10... no 13, no 3 days to download.  I can wait.  :Waiting:

Jim

If you launch the upgrade from FTX Central, you'll be probably redirected to the main Orbx server (MyFTX patch server), which is always slower and heavily overloaded. The Google Drive server is much faster (I downloaded the 1.3Gb patch this morning and it was a breeze):

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0By8a-7jAShVrNzF6S0FWbjNTM3M

Nice idea and tool, however running into this at KPSP after the update:

2016-6-4_23-11-18-828.jpg

Hans

Jim

If you launch the upgrade from FTX Central, you'll be probably redirected to the main Orbx server (MyFTX patch server), which is always slower and heavily overloaded. The Google Drive server is much faster (I downloaded the 1.3Gb patch this morning and it was a breeze):

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0By8a-7jAShVrNzF6S0FWbjNTM3M

Yup Mr. Owl beat me to it Jim - go get it

Did you go there right off the bat - try this load default flight first - I didn't and all I had was black screen - default scenario fixed it for me 

Rich Sennett

Defrag if you have a defrag tool....

Have fun...

Unless you have a SSD

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2016-6-4_23-11-18-828.jpg

Hans, In FTX Central - select the SETTINGS item (bottom left of screen). Under FTX Central Settings select 'TOOLS' Menu item and then select the 'FTX Global VECTOR Configuration Tool'. A new Pop-Up Window will appear. Select the 'Airport Elevation Corrections' tab and select 'Run Auto-Configuration'. Allow it to run and follow the prompts when it has finished. Should be good to go after that.

I had the same. Tried to de-select AEC (which was already applied), but got an error message.

Therefore, I had to do that manually. Go to:

...\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery

and rename the file

"AEC_KPSP.bgl"

to

"AEC_KPSP.inactive".

KadY7Ac.jpg

skg03lq.jpg

The Google Drive server is much faster

Yup Mr. Owl beat me to it Jim - go get it

Thanks guys!  Much appreciated!  File downloaded in less than 5 minutes!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks guys!  Much appreciated!  File downloaded in less than 5 minutes!

Best regards,

Great Jim   :wink:

Rich Sennett

Running the Vector AEC tool fixed it for KPSP. More testing for other airports needed.

Hans

Running the Vector AEC tool fixed it for KPSP. More testing for other airports needed.

You need to run vector everytime you add new scenery.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg