Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Unified LClookup...in Orbx Central v2

and  use  the auto   mode  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Be aware that if you have made any manual adjustments to airport elevations not adjusted by Vector AEC tool, and then you run the Automatic AEC for some reason, all your manual adjustments will be nullified and you'll have to make them again.  For example, KDEN AEC must be manually disabled.  If you then run the automatic AEC, you'll have to manually disable it again.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

You need to run vector everytime you add new scenery.

That is..if you HAVE Orbx Vector installed. I do not...but run with Ultimate Terrain.  No 'vector' adjustment on my system after migration was needed.

With this new arrangement is there an option to disable Orbx "fat" regions and run with just with FS Global as has been the case up til now?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

With this new arrangement is there an option to disable Orbx "fat" regions and run with just with FS Global as has been the case up til now?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Short answer:  No.  There is no switching regions, etc., as in the past.  If you want to disable a fat region, you'll have to do it manually in the scenery library.

Stew

Short answer:  No.  There is no switching regions, etc., as in the past.  If you want to disable a fat region, you'll have to do it manually in the scenery library.

Well this is a problem for me. For example at KLAX PMDG 777 no traffic and just FSGlobal I have 1.26 gb of VAS left.  However with Orbx NA loaded (inc SCA) and otherwise same scenario I only have 778 mb of VAS left - a big hit. If you are tubeliner flyer the orbx regions don't add all that much at FL 370 but as I like to fly GA aircraft as well the regions do come into their own then - so I tend to switch things around a lot.   Also I like to use Zinertek's Ultimate Night Environment textures when flying at night but can only do so with just FSGlobal no regions.  And just to add to things i mostly fly in and out of Australia which means I have to disable/enable Vector so I don't still don't get the seamless transition the unified lc lookup provides elsewhere.  I can understand how most of Orbx's customers will see this new arrangement as big advance but without the option to easily switch the regions on and off I am going to give it a miss for the time being at least.  One more thing if you load the new libs are you locked into the Unified LC process?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi, Bruce.  In your case, then I would recommend something like SimStarter NG.  This program would allow you to load any combination of regions or no-regions as your jetliner flight would need.  You could set up a profile with no regions active for jetliner flying, and on the other hand, you could set up a profile with any combination of regions enabled in order to fly GA.  These forums have a forum for that program, so I would go over there and see what it's all about.  As for Vector flying in Oz, you still would need to disable the Vector entries, but you can set up a profile for flying only in Oz and disable the Vector entries in the Scenery Library.  I think you're missing out if you don't at least give SimStarter a try.  And you can install the new unified LClookup with no issues, since your scenery library entries will be enabled/disabled by which SimStarter profile you select.

Stew

This update doesn't preclude tubeliner people from disabling a region in the scenery library. IMO regions are only for GA flying, how many details can you see at FL 380 anyways? 

I agree with Stewart although I don't own that program. Hybrid mode didn't really deactivate it from your scenery library.

This update doesn't preclude tubeliner people from disabling a region in the scenery library. IMO regions are only for GA flying, how many details can you see at FL 380 anyways? 

I agree with Stewart although I don't own that program. Hybrid mode didn't really deactivate it from your scenery library.

I had understood that it was a no no to disable regions within the scenery library but perhaps things are different now.  Yes I agree the regions are only for GA flying.  While the regions may have still been active in hybrid mode I only used global/Vector and rarely enabled hybrid.  I will look into the simstarter program.

It would have all been much simpler if Orbx had included a region enable/disable switch with the new FTX Central but perhaps not doing this was one of the compromises in getting the unified I lookup to work as otherwise it seems such an obvious feature to retain - at least to me.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

I had understood that it was a no no to disable regions within the scenery library but perhaps things are different now.  Yes I agree the regions are only for GA flying.  While the regions may have still been active in hybrid mode I only used global/Vector and rarely enabled hybrid.  I will look into the simstarter program.

It would have all been much simpler if Orbx had included a region enable/disable switch with the new FTX Central but perhaps not doing this was one of the compromises in getting the unified I lookup to work as otherwise it seems such an obvious feature to retain - at least to me.

Bruceb

Hi, Bruce.  To my knowledge there was never such a prohibition against disabling regions in the Library.  If you did so, and subsequently flew into the region, there would naturally be all sorts of issues.  And had Orbx included a region enable/disable switch in the new FTX Central, it would have been no different than the previous version, so what would be the point?  If you prefer flying in "Global" now, simply disable the regions you are planning to fly into/out of.  Or use a program like SimStarter to do it for you.

Stew

Im just going to roll with it for now and and how it pans out.

Maybe try a few accelerated long hauls to see if OOM occurs. Not 100% sure if memory use is different doing that but it should be close as you still fly over the areas

Hi, Bruce.  To my knowledge there was never such a prohibition against disabling regions in the Library.  If you did so, and subsequently flew into the region, there would naturally be all sorts of issues.  And had Orbx included a region enable/disable switch in the new FTX Central, it would have been no different than the previous version, so what would be the point?  If you prefer flying in "Global" now, simply disable the regions you are planning to fly into/out of.  Or use a program like SimStarter to do it for you.

Well surely there would still be a difference in that as well as being able to enable/disable the regions you could also leave things on automatic but without the compromises that came with hybrid.  As for VAS useage, with FSX classic there is no way you could complete a flight in the PMDG T7 starting off with just 700-800mb left at KLAX to any complex airport without having a OOM - at least with just FSGlobal and nearly twice that amount of VAS left you would have a fighting chance.

I have yet to look at simstarter but I do use Scenery Config Editor and I reckon I  could use that to create what would amount to profiles so maybe things will work out.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Well, good luck in any case.  I can't advise any more than I already have.  I think the new unified lclookup routine affects some players more than others, so they will have to make their decision based upon what suits them best.

Stew