Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

ASN and "similar effect" to cloud depction

Hi guys, while in cruise I have a strange effect using ASN. Seems like if some clouds (not big ones, but little clouds especially) are not completely depicted and they become completed as long as my aircraft it's near them. I noted this effect especially on cruise in VC. Not tested in spot view.

I'm using ASN with all default settings. It's a layer problem or something else in your opinion? It's not a popping effect (like in ASE), seems like if clouds is partially drawn and become complete as long as my aircraft approach them.

Any helps or suggestion? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

No one got this strange effect?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

You should probably request support from the ASN forum at their website or open a ticket with their support system. They also have a section of forum here but it's an unofficial support forum.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok thanks Jim. I supposed someone here got the same issue.

Riccardo

Ok thanks Jim. I supposed someone here got the same issue.

'not completely depicted' is a bit vague, do you mean the texture is not drawing correctly? the clouds are just 2d sprites scattered in a circle around the plane, as you get closer they scale up but they are not 3d objects, so there is always a bit of weirdness there compared to reality. i'm not sure if this is what you are describing or not, it might be easier to identify what you are talking about if you can post a screenshot. 

cheers

-andy crosby