Sign in to follow this  
Raven9000

Help to choose "something" for Simming

Hi All,

I am seeking opinions as to what to get for my "play area"....

Currently, like probably most, I have a simple desk.  And the thing is as I add controlers, etc. I am quickly finding this is not the most ideal setup for all of them...

I use this PC and space for both general gaming and Flight Sims, and this is what it looks like:

image1.jpg

You can see some of the things there, and also why it quickly becomes more of a complication (which it already is...) regarding where to place all the gaming items.

So what I want is some "desk-like" structure or something that will let me set everything up in a better and more comfortable way for using it.

This is the equipment I have some not pictured because, well, I don't have room!):

- Case is an NZXT Phantom 410

- Monitor is the Dell 34" Ultrawide U3415W

- Xbox One Wireless Controller (this is the least of the worries)

- Razer Death Adder mouse (also least of the worries)

- Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

- Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant x2

- Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

- Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel

- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

- Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S.

- Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard

- Logitech G13 Gaming "Thingy"?

- Logitech G27 Wheel + Clutch + Pedals  (with a huge metal structure where it's hosted, along with a racing seat)

So again, looking for some "desk-like" structure or something that will let me set everything up, with the obvious items like for example of course the Yoke and H.O.T.A.S stick don't need to be both there since you don't use them at the same time, so maybe something that you can swap would  be nice.

Only catch is I'm not from the US, so I can't buy in any of the typical stores or online.  So I guess what I want is more along the lines of ideas, or even if it is from store just to see it to get an idea, or of course if there's any lin to plans or anything that one could build that is also good and valid.

Thanks!!

Saitek  Multi panel is a must IMO - after that Saitek radio panel

Man that multi panel comes in handy if your not sure where all the switches for navigation are on a new addon aircraft

Rich Sennett

Later.

?

Saitek  Multi panel is a must IMO - after that Saitek radio panel

Man that multi panel comes in handy if your not sure where all the switches for navigation are on a new addon aircraft

Hi richard, thanks for replying! But I think you didn't exactly get what I was asking about. It's not about extra controls/panels, asking about an alternative to the desk where I have stuff now... :)

?

Hi richard, thanks for replying! But I think you didn't exactly get what I was asking about. It's not about extra controls/panels, asking about an alternative to the desk where I have stuff now... :)

Oh ok - good luck as I only have the cheap stuff  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I'm very keen to get this!

With it one can put every thing on ones head.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

I'm very keen to get this!With it one can put every thing on ones head.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJ7flnVH5k

Sorry not following...

First, how this get "all in your head"? That is great for view/immersion/realism, but not for controls

And second, I'm not looking to add more/different controls, I'm looking for a physical place/furbiture to place what I already have.

1. ON your head, not in your head. In other words what Froogle has on his head.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

1. ON your head, not in your head. In other words what Froogle has on his head.

Yes, I meant on, same thing...

Not the same thing.... On, like a hat. In, like a dream.

What I meant by sending Froogle's video is that you can save space.
I think this will become more and more popular with time. :smile:

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Not the same thing.... On, like a hat. In, like a dream.

What I meant by sending Froogle's video is that you can save space.

I think this will become more and more popular with time. :smile:

Oh geez... I inow the difference between on and in, it was a typo....

What I meant with "it's the same thing" was not about the two words, it's the same thing meaning it doesn't solve the issue.

The only space that saves is monitor space. No matter what VR device you have, I still want a good wheel for racing, a good yoke/stick for flying, etc.

The VR headset does not replace the controls.

So what I want is some "desk-like" structure or something that will let me set everything up in a better and more comfortable way for using it.

How good are you at DIY? Hows your carpentry skills?

The best solution is to design something that is perfect for your needs and then build it.

That's what I've had to do.

DIY ideally like Martin said. Or get a desk wide enough so you can have your racing gear set up in half and the flight gear set up on the other half. Then you could slide your monitor and keyboard/mouse to one side or the other.

-Brendan

I've been considering this

It may help in organising your area.

howevr

OP is looking for a desk/structure that better suits his peripherals...  

I use an L shaped desk, so I can store more stuff on it.  But really I can't think of a better solution than what OP already has without building something or at least building additional spaces/cubbies for stuff.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |