Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

737NG Sounds

There has been a lot of new sounds added for the 737's family. The PMDG 737NG sounds I think are very good. There are a number of others posted in the AVSIM File Library. However today I tried the new CFM56-7 sounds by Steven Persson, and I must admit they are the MOST OUTSTANDING representation of the actual engine I have ever heard. I know that seems like an overstatement, but they are just awesome from both inside the cockpit and outside. I use them with the PMDG 738 and on a 3 hour flight today was just blown away with their realism.If you are looking for excellent new sounds for your 737 gives these a try. There are two sets, the original and an update for better spool up available here in the AVSIM Library.Bob JohnsonDenver

I've got those sounds. That is no overstatement. There ARE by far the best CFM56-7 soudns available. They blow PMDG out of the water (I never thought they were that good anyway!)

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

How do they compare to Des Braban's sounds?pmdg737snd.zip?And does this new sound pack have all the apu sounds, flaps, etc?

Guest JimC1702

Allow me to chime in here too. I've been using Steve's sound set with the 50 North 737 and it's excellent. One of the best I've heard.Jim

Le me say it again...best EVER!I'll be honest though, APU and flap sounds annoy me since you don't hear them in the flightdeck. All you should hear with flaps in the FD is the lever moving.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Hi Alex,I was also using Des Braban's sounds and liked them, however as a pilot I could not hear the "spool up" sound from them just the roar. Richard's sounds you can hear much more.Flap sounds on many packages are very unreal, you "don't" hear a growl from the cockpit. APU sounds are only heard from outside and Richard's package is excellent there also.This package is better than anything I have heard.BobKDEN

Guest ThrottleUp

Wow thanks for bringing this up I shall definetly check those sounds out!I also want to hastily mention that Des Brabans sounds are brilliant as well. Nice and clean...with none of the clanks, clatters, pax-chatter & squeaks I hear in other soundsets (and have yet to hear on airliners!):)

Guest Blazer

Hello Bob...Thanks for the Heads Up regarding these sounds. Installed them into PMDG 737. They sound real smooth...Regards TH

You know Blazer, as you can see from other threads today, a lot of poeple pay tons of money for payware that IMHO "suck". When a freeware author does an outstanding piece of work, we should all be made aware. BTW, when this sound package is coupled with the PMDG NG is gets pretty close to "As Real as it Gets" !!!!!!!! Richard's work again IMHO is about the best sound package I have ever heard for MSFS and I fly a lot of real world 737's, it really is that good.Bob JDenver