Sign in to follow this  
Alpenman

A New Convert

XPlane is currently downloading, I'm worried! I've always been an MSFS guy like most of you here but with all the momentum for XPlane lately I finally caved. 

See you on the other side!

• Upvote 2

Welcome! 

Don't be too worried, it's just a flight sim and not all that different from what you're used to. Just a different slant on it, with pros and cons in different directions. If you have any questions, just ask here and the community will help!

• Upvote 3

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I switched to X-Plane and never went back.

• Upvote 1

Good luck! I use both XP10 and P3D as both of them have their advantages but neither, I find, are a complete one stop shop simulation yet.

So the next best option was to enjoy the best of both worlds. Case in point, just yesterday I downloaded DCS World and plan on enjoying that too!

Welcome on board jxeboy!

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

XPlane is currently downloading, I'm worried! I've always been an MSFS guy like most of you here but with all the momentum for XPlane lately I finally caved.

See you on the other side!

Use them both - thats what I do

XP is awesome but missing some cool things P3D has and vice versa

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Welcome jxeboy,

XP is a totally different experience and so give yourself some time to go through the learning curve, if you need help just post and we'll be happy to help anyway we can.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

You will love the night lighting in XP something FSX and P3D dont come close to. Also lots of good free airports better than lots of airports you have to Pay for in FSX / P3D. I fly both sims but now finding I fly X-plane more.  Also the IXEG 737 is on par with PMDG NGX and Mister X Boston is as good as Flytampa  YSSY and free.

Jason Richards

Use them both - thats what I do

XP is awesome but missing some cool things P3D has and vice versa

Find myself using X-plane more and more looking now more into sdk stuff...

André

I've found myself hardly using FSX since the IXEG 737 was released for X-Plane!

Once you've got a couple of good payware aircraft and some good freeware scenery for X-Plane, you'll find it hard to go back trust me!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

and Mister X Boston is as good as Flytampa  YSSY and free.

Free yes, but donations help the cause...or think of it as a tipping, same as going to a restaurant but in this case he spent months on it, not an hour.  His work is amazing.

• Upvote 1

I used them both for awhile, but eventually I just stopped firing up FSX/P3D and haven't gone back and I hated XPlane at first.

I've been away from X-Plane for a while - are seasonal textures (easily) available yet?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I've been away from X-Plane for a while - are seasonal textures (easily) available yet?

nope