Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

PANEL_MAX_UPDATE_PER_FRAME

Has anyone played around with this setting (from the P3d V3 tuning guide)?

[PANELS]

PANEL_MAX_UPDATE_PER_FRAME = 1

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.
Performance Tuning Tip:
If 1, panels update no more than once a frame even if FPS drops below 18. This should not change the end result displayed unless update scripts rely on the 18hz timing to do stepwise simulation in a gauge script.
If 0 (default), update will get called more than once per frame if application framerate is lower than 18.

Hi Jay,

Yes, I added this entry some time ago. No idea whether it has any beneficial effect, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Certainly haven't noticed any downside. To be honest I forgot it was there until your post appeared.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike. I figured that it probably does very little one way or the other for most setups.