Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

F22-Raptor HUD - Display off Centre

Hi,

Wondering whether anyone else has noticed this:

HUD.jpg

I've been aware of this for a few days now and just assumed it would correct itself, but it hasn't.

Any thoughts or solutions?

Mike

Some left rudder will probably help.

Ha, thought someone would say that. You will note that I'm flying straight and level.

Maybe I should have grabbed an image while the F22 is sitting on the runway as the HUD appearance is exactly the same. Somehow the display has shifted off centre to the left. I wondered whether it was adjustable in the real world and this was implemented in the simulation?

Mike

Are you sure your view is parallel to the HUD? Don't forget that it moves with your perspective, if that makes any sense...

What is the wind speed and direction?

Many Huds do this drift to show wind effects. Perhaps it's not doing it correctly?

Okay, here's another taken immediately after loading:

HUD_2.jpg

(It's a cropped image in case anyone was wondering.)

Mike

Hi,

Wondering whether anyone else has noticed this:

HUD.jpg

I've been aware of this for a few weeks now and just assumed it would correct itself, but it hasn't.

Any thoughts or solutions?

Mike

If you are using EZCA it's a piece of cake to set the POV position to your liking. Just hit numeric keyboard key 2 and adjust using cursor keys, PgUp, PgDwn and your mouse. Finish the operation using the initial 2 key.

Best regards, Luís

SYSTEM (build date july, 2023): Case: Lian Li Lancool III  |  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E Gaming WIFI  CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor @ 6.0 GHZ  |  RAM: 128 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB @ 4800 MHZ  |  MVMe 1: 4 TB Crucial T700 PCIe Gen 5 MVMe 2: 4TB WD Black SN850X PCIe Gen 4 Cooler: Corsair iCue H150i Elite LCD XT | PSU: Corsair HX1500i | GPU: Asus ROG STRIX Gaming 4090 OC | Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Pro

Just tried mine - perfectly centered.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Fixed it!

HUD_3.jpg

As it turns out EZdok EZCA was the 'culprit'. I adjusted my viewpoint using the arrow keys and Page Up/Down and all is well. I tested with a short flight and, yes, the core display stays centred while the dynamic elements move around with the aircraft.

Well, that didn't take long. Surprised I didn't think of the solution before now - must be getting old :sad:

Edit: Hi Luis, just read your post - you beat me to it..lol

Thanks everyone!

Mike