Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Give 3.3 a try

I just did a flight with V3.3, San Juan by Latin VFR to St. Maarten Fly Tampa with a Captainsim 737, will try Aerosoft A320 later. VAS was fine, just like 3.2 ASN and REX Texture direct provided thick rainy clouds and I had no FPS loss like before, even though I am still using NVI with 4xSGSSA. I noticed slight texture problems with SJU, they can be easily fixed by the developer and TNCM was perfect. I installed client, then content and then scenery, in steps updating as I went, FTX Global, Vector, the works. I think 3.3 is slightly smoother, the cloud situation better and perhaps other things under the hood I am not aware of, but it all works.

i7 4770 oc to 4.4 980ti W7

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Have you flown in Overcast at all? How's the FPS? Im using a 980ti as well 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Following, I am interested to heard about your overcast experience as well!

Me too!. Thanks

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Will try after work tomorrow. I am concerned about VAS, but then I don't push my sliders all the way to the right, I use more moderate settings, half to 3/4 to the right and especially LOD, that's in the middle!

Lee H

Is it necessary to un/install all 3 modules or only client is good enough?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I started with just client, but then I read that there were tweaks in the other two, so I decided to go next to content and then scenery. So far so good. The guide here at Avsim was very helpful on the procedure for each install. I can't find the link just at the moment, but maybe someone can step in and provide it.

Lee H

Does Active Sky Next work with 3.3 now? I remember trying a flight but ASN would not load so I went back to 3.2.

I would like to answer the thought Rob had in another thread. He wondered out loud if Lockheed kept that little trick in there, of 'Steve's DX10 Fixer's' ability to disable MSAA on clouds  The answer is yes, it seems they did. I used Migration Tool to install Steve's DX10 fixer just to try and disable the Aliasing on the clouds and it seems to have worked. I now have no real noticeable dip in frames no matter the coverage. Also, the newest drivers from nVidia along with PTA3.2, which is allowing us to edit the quality of FXAA, were major boosts for me. No longer does FXAA make everything blurry and the newest driver seems really solid and shows noticeable improvement.

Win 10

Skylake 6700K

(2) Two GTX980Ti's in SLI 

32GB RAM

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

ASN has a beta that works with 3.3 I just tried a very cloudy flight from Aerosoft Prague to T2G Munich with the AS A321. In terms of VAS I had 1200 mb remaining at gate. No issues with the clouds, very smooth with my NVI 4xSGSSA on. There are the airport texture issues here and there. I think they will get that cleared up, I hope. One thing they didn't clear up is the slight hiccups when the new scenery loads on approach. Had that issue in 3.2. Much about that here in the forum.

Lee H

ASN has a beta that works with 3.3 I just tried a very cloudy flight from Aerosoft Prague to T2G Munich with the AS A321. In terms of VAS I had 1200 mb remaining at gate. No issues with the clouds, very smooth with my NVI 4xSGSSA on. There are the airport texture issues here and there. I think they will get that cleared up, I hope. One thing they didn't clear up is the slight hiccups when the new scenery loads on approach. Had that issue in 3.2. Much about that here in the forum.

Copy, Thank You.

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

I just did a flight with V3.3, San Juan by Latin VFR to St. Maarten Fly Tampa with a Captainsim 737, will try Aerosoft A320 later. VAS was fine, just like 3.2 ASN and REX Texture direct provided thick rainy clouds and I had no FPS loss like before, even though I am still using NVI with 4xSGSSA. I noticed slight texture problems with SJU, they can be easily fixed by the developer and TNCM was perfect. I installed client, then content and then scenery, in steps updating as I went, FTX Global, Vector, the works. I think 3.3 is slightly smoother, the cloud situation better and perhaps other things under the hood I am not aware of, but it all works.

i7 4770 oc to 4.4 980ti W7

+1 on clouds, have experienced overcast with REX Textures direct and Soft Clouds with a coef setting of .7 - Some issues with ground textures not displaying correctly in some airports like those of UK2000 but this is likely to be resolved by Devs in the near future.