Sign in to follow this  
Guest Madtrapper

Landing an aviation job with this...

Guest Tomlin

Hello allIm tired of searching for a way out of my current job for a way to use my degree. A.S. Aviation Operations/Administration. I was slated to go to the MARC program for ATC at the Minneapolis Community Tech College, but the FAA cut the funding for the program. I have posted employment interest forms with a few companies, but no responses. I have thought about going back to school to become an A&P, or working in avionics, but the avionics side I cant seem to get a clear cut way for the education/experience. I have thought about being a flight attendant, but with the way things are now, I dont know that I would make much more than in my current job (@ 12.60). I have even thought about flight dispatching, and even more, an admin support for the FAA. Why is it so hard? Dont even say to just be a pilot. Im already almost 29 years old and dont plan on borrowing $50,000 USD to get my ratings only to be furloughed or cut completely. Im frustrated. Any ideas, please send them my way!EricT737NG flightdeck builder

Guest Madtrapper

Hi Eric: I`m not sure what you expect for a starting wage?If you are able to relocate you might want to check out Alaska. www.jobs.state.ak.us/akjb .I know there is work up there(great fishing too:))In SE Alaska around Juneau there are quite a few good paying Admin jobs,might even be some in aviation. Good luck Brent