looking for a cpu for my new build and was wondering if anyone has good or bad things to say about this cpu ??????

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I love it, I went from a 2500K and I have my 6700K at 4.7ghz completely stable. I love it.

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks for the reply ..?

Two users I know who have recently built a 6700K system both love it..

What else do you want to know?

Bert

I left my old AMD FX-6200 behind for a 6700K and I couldn't be happier.  With no tweaking at all, FSX-SE is as smooth as silk.  There is one downside, though:  I don't know how I'm going to keep my office warm this winter because the old machine was a pretty good furnace.

Richard P. Kelly

Are 6 core or 8 core CPUs any benefit to P3Dv3.3?  Is the cost worth the benefit?

--- Jim  ---

Are 6 core or 8 core CPUs any benefit to P3Dv3.3?  Is the cost worth the benefit?

They might in the longer run, but for now, I'd say that the 6700k is perfect and you don't really need to spend more.

sig01.png

I can't speak to the 6700k, but I just build an i5 6600k and it's fantastic!!  I'd imagine the 6700k is blissful.  

hows the I7 6700k ?

He's fine.

Went from a Core I7-3820 with a GTX760 to an 6700K still with a GTX760 while awaiting the availability of EVGA 1080 FTW on 17th June.

He's fine @4.6 1.35v, do not exceed 61°C during burn with its Noctua D15S.

I went from ~30fps to ~60fps still with the GTX760 @1920x1200 (terrain shadows disabled).

For me worth the investment.

ok thanks guys the 6700k its my next CPU . for the MB im thinking ASUS as far GPU i dont want to blow 1k$ on a top of the line card more like 500$ max so trow me some ideas . thanks again for the replys ...

My new Skylake 6700k build is easily going through everything I can throw at it.

I'm using the ASUS Maximums Hero Alpha mobo and I can't say enough good things about it.

Also using the Zotac Amp! Extreme 980 GTX Ti and it truly is a monster- it is at the top of the 980 GTX Ti food chain.

16gb Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 ram / Cooler Master V 750 pu / Corsair GT110i GT CPU Cooler / Crucial MX200 500 gb SSD / ASUS External DVD Drive / Fractal Design Define S Case / Windows 10 and one tube of Arctic Silver.

Total cost of the build was $2000 almost to the penny.

SkylakeBuild.jpg

My new Skylake 6700k build is easily going through everything I can throw at it.

I'm using the ASUS Maximums Hero Alpha mobo and I can't say enough good things about it.

Also using the Zotac Amp! Extreme 980 GTX Ti and it truly is a monster- it is at the top of the 980 GTX Ti food chain.

16gb Ripjaws v DDR 3200 ram / Cooler Master V 750 pu / Corsair GT110i GT CPU Cooler / Crucial MX200 500 gb SSD / ASUS External DVD Drive / Fractal Design Define S Case / Windows 10 and one tube of Arctic Silver.

Total cost of the build was $2000 almost to the penny.

SkylakeBuild.jpg

Nice rig Skully.  How do you like your case?  Also, how is the noise or ... lack there of?  I ask as I'm in the market to build and you have many of the same pieces I am getting.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

David Bell

Intel i9 10900k

EVGA RTX 2070

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1 TB

Noctua NH D15S

CORSAIR 750D High Airflow

Thanks David!

The case is excellent- plenty of room for that huge video card.

Also the wiring access ports are nice for a clean installation with plenty of room on the backside to run the wires and mount your hard drives.

The video card is generating most of the heat. I run the fans at 70% and you can definitely hear them and the cooler fans when at max load 4k gaming.

This cpu cooler is awesome as the cpu seems to get barely warm- it's oc'd to 4.6 gigs in my first oc cycle- it got there easily and I've not attempted to go any further given its excellent performance so far.

It's not a silent runner at full steam but I don't even notice it.