Sign in to follow this  

Normally only fly with my CH Products yoke, pedals and throttle quad but spending more time in the A2A Texan of late. Got me thinking to pull out my Saitek X65f HOTAS flight stick and throttles. These had been shelved partly due to driver issues when Windows 10 was launched almost a year back.

Downloaded the latest drivers from their site today and they are still in BETA a full year after Windows 10 was launched. Download indicates that the driver signature is either missing or corrupt. That will mean that Windows will reject the driver over anything else it can find on a normal boot. This is what lead to issues where systems slowed down/froze and required constant re-install of the drivers.

In my opinion, a very poor effort on the part of Saitek to support their customers. That flight stick system cost me a fortune, and not that long ago either!!! Really bad buy.

So, I am in the market for a high quality stick that I can use with the Texan in P3Dv3 in Win10. Hoping that my CH throttle Quad and/or pedals can be used alongside it. Can anyone here recommend a good option with accurate sensors, no huge null zones. Must be a desktop option, not floor mounted. And please exclude Saitek options, I will not be supporting a company that leaves is it customers hanging out to dry the way Saitek/Mad Catz appear happy to do.

No doubt I will have to order online and have it shipped over.

Thanks!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Try Thrustmaster?

I have their T Flight HOTAS and it's a great stick and throttle for the price (discounted down to £34.99). Unfortunately, I'm on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, so don't know how it will operate in win 10.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Buy a Microsoft force feed back stick and then get FSforce software . the dev is active so can ask direct about win 10.. fantastic immersion however they dont make them new anymore but plenty on ebay and they are built like a tank

ZORAN

Buy a Microsoft force feed back stick and then get FSforce software . the dev is active so can ask direct about win 10.. fantastic immersion however they dont make them new anymore but plenty on ebay and they are built like a tank

That's interesting, I do have one of these in the 'shed' gathering dust. Used it for many years until support died. Great to know about FSforce, will Google them now and see if I can resurrect it and save some bucks.

Thanks for the tips. Will be keen to hear what others are using too.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thrustmaster Wharthog is fantastic and you can usually buy the stick and throttle separately on Amazon if you are not interested in the throttle (though it is just as great as the stick is)

That's interesting, I do have one of these in the 'shed' gathering dust. Used it for many years until support died. Great to know about FSforce, will Google them now and see if I can resurrect it and save some bucks.

Thanks for the tips. Will be keen to hear what others are using too.

There is a demo available. The software uses a trim system outside FSX so you can actually trim out by feel.. http://www.fs-force.com/

ZORAN

There is a demo available. The software uses a trim system outside FSX so you can actually trim out by feel.. http://www.fs-force.com/

Thanks beerwolfe! Dusted off my MS Forcefeedback 2 Sidewinder Stick this afternoon. Cleaned it up and it looks as good as new. Did not plug it in just yet. Spent some time on the fs force website forum, seems that it is potentially a great option. I see they offer a limited area free demo and also a force feedback testing program to check that it is working OK. If it is working OK, will just go ahead and purchase the software. $34 but I would have spent a fair bit more on an equivalent new stick.

GregH

Any thoughts on if the MSFT Forcefeedback 2 Sidewinder will work in Windows 10? The stick, along with FS-Force might be a great setup for the Airbus X... I'd love to play around with that, given my relation to the Airbus in real-life.

Try Thrustmaster?

I have their T Flight HOTAS and it's a great stick and throttle for the price (discounted down to £34.99). Unfortunately, I'm on Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, so don't know how it will operate in win 10.

I use it on Windows 10....works perfectly.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Guest JustanotherPilot

Just bought the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X as well. Works incredibly well in P3D32, X-Plane and FSX. Has detachable 'T' throttle, numerous buttons, twist rudder. Easy install and setup and custom preferences. Won't break the budget either.

Thanks beerwolfe! Dusted off my MS Forcefeedback 2 Sidewinder Stick this afternoon. Cleaned it up and it looks as good as new. Did not plug it in just yet. Spent some time on the fs force website forum, seems that it is potentially a great option. I see they offer a limited area free demo and also a force feedback testing program to check that it is working OK. If it is working OK, will just go ahead and purchase the software. $34 but I would have spent a fair bit more on an equivalent new stick.

I'm another fan of the MSFF2 joystick! FS Force really transforms the forces and it's well worth the money.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Just an update: I went ahead and purchased the FS Force software for my old Microsoft Sidwinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick. Installed into Windows 10 without issue and works well with P3D. Forgot how great the feedback through the stick was and the new software definitely takes it to another level and is highly customizable.

Very happy. ironically, this very old stick must still be one of the better options out there in terms of accuracy and feel yet it was probably close to being tossed out! Must say that flying the A2A Texan with this stick is just so much more precise.

• Upvote 2

GregH