Sign in to follow this  
jaketeirney

Mid Cruise Frame Rate Dive

Hi everyone,

I've recently attempted 3 exact same flights in 2 days and all 3 have been hit with the same issue (LFMN-EGLL). About an hour into the flight at the cruising altitude my frame rate drops horribly to about 3fps for about 15 seconds and the aircraft in question (aerosofts A321) then rolls to one side and in some cases begins to nose dive then comes back to normal. This has never happened before and up to 3 days ago the flight sim was perfect, only thing that changed was an update the RAAS locked version and GSX 1st of June update which I struggle to believe both would impact the cruise of the flight and I have looked on both forums and no one else has reported anything. I have reinstalled GSX and the A320, as well as tweaked my cfg to try and increase performance but it hasn't changed a thing.

Anyone that can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

My specs and software running at the time are as follows:

CPU: Intel i7 2600k @3.4ghz

GPU: MSI GTX970 4GB

SSD: 60GB

RAM: 16GB

Windows 10

GSX

Active Sky Next

ORBX Global

Aerosoft A320

UK2000 EGLL

World of Ai

FSX SE

2016-6-3_15-4-48-744_zpsxe1fbhdl.png

2016-6-5_16-49-5-310_zpsjags93tp.png

Hi Jake

I've had the same issue before, and it was very frustrating! What fixed it for me was to lower your fsx settings, mainly the scenery settings, and limit your frame rates to which your computer can always sustain. Also, about your tweaked fsx.cfg, have you tried just using the default one as that could have something to do with it too.

Hi Jake

I've had the same issue before, and it was very frustrating! What fixed it for me was to lower your fsx settings, mainly the scenery settings, and limit your frame rates to which your computer can always sustain. Also, about your tweaked fsx.cfg, have you tried just using the default one as that could have something to do with it too.

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for your reply, I deleted the CFG and turn down the sliders but once again about an hour into the flight it happened again. 

Could world of AI be causing trouble - the PC suddenly tries to process loads of AI aircraft even if you cannot see them?

I know nothing about that product, just throwing ideas out there!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Maybe verify integirty of game cache? That fixes missing and corrupt flies in fsx.

I dont really like the idea of that I feel like it will replace add on files with the default and could cause corruption but im 100% sure on that.

Could world of AI be causing trouble - the PC suddenly tries to process loads of AI aircraft even if you cannot see them?

I know nothing about that product, just throwing ideas out there!

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply, I put the AI sliders to 0 and it's still occurring.

Cant put my finger on why all of a sudden it has stopped working maybe a reinstall is the best bet.

Alright so ran the flight with other aircraft and it holds a perfect 25fps the entire way through so must be the Airbus, ill contact to aerosoft and see what they say.

Thanks for your help guys much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

Maybe your VRAM got saturated. The 970 is for all intends and purposes just a 3.5GB card, when it goes beyond that, your FPS would tank. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

This certainly is a strange issue. Cruise portion of flight is usually real easy on performance demands.

If you watch your CPU and GPU load, do either max out when this happens?