Sign in to follow this  
AndyUK

Control Sensitivity & Aircraft Stability Settings

I've read the PMDG DC-6 Introduction document with a view to buying my first decent addon for X-Plane but although the graphics settiings are covered therein I couldn't find any recommendations for the settings for the joystick sensitivity and aircraft stability sliders on the Nullzone Tab of the Joystick & Equipment screen in X-Plane.  Do these settings have any influence over the 'realisim' of the DC6, in which case how should they be set, or does the PMDG flight model effectively bypass them?

Andy Lawton

AFAIK bypassing those settings is not possible in X-plane 10, so, I guess the Art Stab sliders should be all the way to the left.... ( disabled )

Regarding "curves", I really don't know. Isn't it mentioned in the manual ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

These settings are more or less targeted toward your input devices. The ArtStab are normally not needed anymore.

The only Addon that I know, that offers an override at ist the AirFoilLabs C172.

We were asked to used default settings (sliders at 50%) during beta test.  I cannot speak for Chris but I believe he intended it to work with as little user intervention as necessary.  I am ever so irreverent and chose to test with sliders left (no augmentation) and the result was just as satisfactory.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the replies, should I infer from Dan's post that PMDG set it up to behave realistically with the sliders for both stability and joystick sensitivity set to 50% or am I reading too much into it?

A definitive reply from PMDG would be helpful at this point.

Andy Lawton 

A definitive reply from PMDG would be helpful at this point.

Dan was a beta tester for us. His mention that "[w]e were asked to used default settings (sliders at 50%) during beta test" is correct.

We tuned it for the default. It's best left there, unless you're trying to (or need to) remedy some fault in your hardware.

EDIT: This is forum is for user-to-user support. While some of the team hangs out here to answer questions, if you're looking for a definitive answer, the only way to guarantee a response is via our support system, linked in my signature.

Kyle Rodgers

I wasn't sure that as a prospective customer for the DC6 I'd be able to use the support system.  Anyway question answered - thanks again to all who replied.

Andy Lawton