Sign in to follow this  
Guest dolb

DF200 727 Dream

I'm not a reviewer, just an old retired USAF and GE aircraft engine maintainer but from a person that loves flight sim & 727s, this baby is a dream. The first time I seen a 727 was at Duluth, Minn in 1964 with the USAF working the F-106 and T-33 aircraft. The big 727 shot touch & goes during the weekend. After seeing this aircraft and flying many hours on it around the world, I just love it.Have been an old fan of Al Pelletier, writes RoundRobin Adventures for Computer Pilot Mag, his "great add-ons" for this months RR Adv was the DF 727. At first, I just used my freeware 727 but later bought the DF 727. What a Dream! And it runs great on my old computer that I built July 2003. Had a problem engageing autopilot(pilot error) but due to the kindness of Jeff & Macs I'm on track.So if you are a 727 fan like myself, you might think about this "Great Add-On"Erv KSDFASUS P4C 8000-E Deluxe, P4 3.0,Win XP Home Editions Service Pack IIATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128 MB2ea Corsair 512 MB DDR400 PC3200 Double DataAntec SL400 W 12V ATX Power SupplySeagate 40 GB 7200 RPM

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Hi,Even though we are the publisher, this is really one great product that has not gotten the full notice we think it deserves. Paul Golding worked 2 years or more to put this together, and it surely shows. It is a very sweet plane to fly.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

I would agree. I just bought this airplane after sniffing around it for several months. I hesitated because I have purchased so many add-on's that just didn't seem real. But Dreamfleet was the source of one of my favorites, the Cessna 310. So, I took the plunge. WOW! This is absolutely the greatest heavy I have ever found for MSFS. I literally haven't flown anything else since I got it. I would unconditionally recommend this airplane to anyone who enjoys flying a heavy or wants to get a sample of what it's like. The panel is outstanding, the sounds are outstanding, the flight model is...well, I just had a little time in a 727 years ago...but it seems spot-on to me. Thanks Dreamfleet. Bill Worth

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:-boom you guys are going to make me move this plane up in my planned FS addon purchase que! Stop it already ;-)que:LDS767FSNAVASVFlight1 ATRPDMG 747DF727Sombody's B777DFBaron 58Feelthere ERJ

Guest adl320

Another positive experience for me too. I was wary because I purchased the "other" payware add-on and not that it is that bad, but the DF727 IS that good. I often fly FMS/FMGS equipped "modern" airliners from Boeing & Airbus, but there really is something to hand flying a plane as rock-solid and stable as this 727. Plus, with the EFIS edition of the 727 that DF has with this model, I still get to plan my route and have it fly GPS when I want. Great job in my opinion and finally another of the few add-ons that are not in the least bit dissapointing.

Guest B52Drivr

Aaron and all,Yep, it's quite the babe, isn't it. And I'll add this, I'll beta anyting Paul G makes, because I know when it is released, it will be the best Paul and company can do -- and DF listens to its Beta testers.The DF727 is one of the finest add on's for FS anyone has ever done, and I personally love it.Best to all, Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest Pyjamas

I agree with everything that has been said so far. I'm looking forward to whatever Mr Golding releases in the future with Dreamfleet.I used to love flying his MD-80 and A300/A310 panels back with 2000. Top notch stuff!Pyjamas

Guest mikealpha

i agree, that's really a fine Addon. MUCH more fun than just watching current Boeing/Airbus FMS/FMC/FMGS/MCDU cinema :DMike

Maj Clayton,And "Thank You" sir for testing this Baby. Great job!Erv/KSDFCMSgt,USAF(Ret)

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest FattyBear

Yep the DF 727 is amazing. Once you get the systems down it's really a satisfying bird to fly... much more so than the glass birds. And with SU2 coming sometime it's gonna get a heck of a lot better..winglets, new engines and much more.

Guest Jaguar XJ6

I suspect the problem is that it 'simulates' a 727. You should consider 'converting' it into something with more panache, perhaps a 707 or a 747 Classic.Regards.Michael

What is the "problem" you're talking about? I don't see anything in this thread that points to a problem.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Ok. You guys are really evil! :-mad You manipulate a person's emotions to the point where they find themselves shaking with a credit card in hand in front of Flight 1 commerce wrapper. My only salvation is that I have about 3 weeks until my wife sees our credit card statement. I've had just enought time to hit CTRL-E, put down the flaps and take the DF727 around the patch. What a wonderful flight model! While I don't think the graphics are quite up to the PMDG level, they are very good, and the systems modeling seems to be excellent. Thanks for playing with my emotions ;-) Personal note: as a boy growing up in Denver, my best friend's father was a pilot/flight instructor for United. I spent a lot of time out at the training center at Stapleton as a 12 year old, running up and down the aisles of parked 727's, and of course sitting in the cockpits with those large red fire handles in front of me. 40 years later I can now get the feel of actually how one of those real planes handled. Mike

Guest Jaguar XJ6

> What is the "problem" you're talking about? I don't see>anything in this thread that points to a problem.>>DougPlease see the message from the publisher above.Best wishes,Michael

Guest dolb

>>>Even though we are the publisher, this is really one great product that has not gotten the full notice we think it deservesI agree, There are also alot more products out there that deserve much more attention thant they are getting!