Sign in to follow this  
mikoulprostgrandprix

Descent Problem

Dave,

I made a flight between EDDH to LSZH.

EDDH IDEKO Y900 TIMEN UL126 WRB UN850 BOMBI T721 RILAX LSZH

The center has asked me to start my descent to LSZH giving me different altitude.

Reached 10,000 feet, no further indication of the center or approach.

Once again I have at least an indication to continue my descent after APPROACH, but nothing at that time.

Conclusion : I went down myself.

1) Would it be possible either to have indications of descent to the end, or that the ATC told us from the beginning that we begin our descent that arrived to the point we will have our next descent APPROACH ?

2) Would it be possible to have an option or a text that also allow us to begin our descent to our discretion?

Thanks

Mickael

Mickael,

I would need to see the log file in order to diagnose this problem.  It could be any of a number of issues causing the descent instructions to stop, including some that are intentional.  For example, if you were cleared to 10,000 ft, and then cleared for an Approach or STAR, then that clearance would have been for the published altitudes and route of the Approach.

Giving the pilot descents at their discretion is not currently an option, but I have put it on the list of possible future features.  You can request a new altitude at any time, today, but that is not the same thing.

Thanks,

Dave