Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

SkyMaxx 3.2 is out....

Always good to see a performance update for SkyMaxx Pro....and it's available for download from your X-Aviation account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"X-Aviation, Maxx-XP, and Sundog Software are proud to announce the release of SkyMaxx Pro v3.2!

If you're a Real Weather Connector customer then new changes will be included in this update that will greatly enhance your experience. This new version incorporates some performance changes and items adjusted due to customer feedback".

What's New / Changed:

• Cloud detail level is now set automatically based on the cloud draw area in SMP's settings, to maximize performance with large draw areas. High-altitude jetliner pilots will want to try turning up the draw area for fast clouds that extend further, and look better, than ever.
  • X-Plane 10.50-ready; uses new 10.50 features to further improve performance.
  • Added 3 new cirrus cloud texture sets
  • Less VRAM usage from clouds
  • Removed min & max cloud size settings
  • Edges of cumulus cloud layers are now rounded instead of square
  • Cumulus clouds are very slightly darker
  • More performance improvements
  • Cirrus cloud lighting refined
  • Cirrus clouds no longer "jump" periodically
  • Updated documentation 
  • Upvote 1

Could you post a link of the release notes,   Lol belief it or not i cant find them on the X-Aviation site,  it must be a secret 

Could you post a link of the release notes,   Lol belief it or not i cant find them on the X-Aviation site,  it must be a secret 

Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find them.

Elaine, here's the complete change log:

Here's what's changed in version 3.2:

What's New / Changed:

• Cloud detail level is now set automatically based on the cloud draw area in SMP's settings, to maximize performance with large draw areas. High-altitude jetliner pilots will want to try turning up the draw area for fast clouds that extend further, and look better, than ever.
  • X-Plane 10.50-ready; uses new 10.50 features to further improve performance.
  • Added 3 new cirrus cloud texture sets
  • Less VRAM usage from clouds
  • Removed min & max cloud size settings
  • Edges of cumulus cloud layers are now rounded instead of square
  • Cumulus clouds are very slightly darker
  • More performance improvements
  • Cirrus cloud lighting refined
  • Cirrus clouds no longer "jump" periodically
  • Updated documentation

If you're a Real Weather Connector customer, further enhancements include:

• New "Never change visible weather" option in the RWC configuration dialog ensures the weather around you stays constant, as you fly into the latest updated weather seamlessly.
  • Avoids reloading of clouds when crossing 1-degree tile boundaries
  • Properly handles missing RVR data in METAR reports (fixes issues with no clouds appearing near some automated weather stations)
  • Automatically enforces a minimum cloud draw area when RWC is active
  • Clouds are no longer reloaded if a new METAR file is found, yet its data is unchanged.
  • METAR data is now always reloaded when RWC settings are changed
  • Cloud layer heights now more accurate
  • Upvote 2

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Installing.......

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Exellent update!

Super smooth! 

Of course, in order to be able to test it, I had to reinstall X-Plane 10, just with the scenery tiles for Portugal, Spain and England though... more than sufficient for my AirfoilLabs and PSX flights....

I also installed RTH v4. Never read about incompatibilities between RTH and SMPv3, but I would like to get confirmation from other users that indeed they're compatible ?

Carlos'es are the best... weren't I one of them too :-)  Thx Carlos for the good news !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't find them.

That's because it's not on the XA site but on their forums, x-pilot.

Now at EDDF SMP 3.2 + RWC

X-Plane%202016-06-05%2022-05-46-52_zpspg

X-Plane%202016-06-05%2021-57-15-71_zps55

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

That's because it's not on the XA site but on their forums, x-pilot.

I was looking on the Forums and I'm logged in but i stall cant see it,  What part of the site is it in ?  

I checked the Front page and the News page,  Cant find it :smile:   I must be gone mad  

Has nuclear war broken out? :Devil:

lol, i was wondering the same thing..

Just installed and testing,

What sort of cloud distance are you guys running?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png