Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

SkyMaxx 3.2 is out....

Default settings.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Has nuclear war broken out? :Devil:

Maybe a ways to go yet with rendering CB's. I'm not sure they're tall enough, and I don't think the current weather engine models the updrafts and downdrafts.

Still, give it credit! That's the first time I've seen discrete vertical weather systems shown in X-Plane, instead of everything centered around your aircraft.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Now at EDDF SMP 3.2 + RWC... (mushroom clouds)

What in the heck is going on there? I'm thinking forest fire.

Is the linked file just an update or a full v3.2 install? And if it's an update, is it cumulative? I have a new XPX install, and have not yet installed SMP, so just wondering what is the best path to get this installed (I had purchased and installed SMP on another instance of XPX that I still have, but don't know if that would help me or not....).

Thanks, Bruce.

PS. I have a link in an e-mail I received this morning.

When I installed the new version it removed the previous version so yes

I think it's a totally new install.

What in the heck is going on there? I'm thinking forest fire.

You don't think CB's can spawn more than once? Check this out, the real thing:

CB%20Clouds%2001.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Performance is good and I think it´s looking really nice cruising at 8000 in the shining new DC-6. However I still have this insanely annoying cloud-popping and re-drawing of clouds. It´s not as extreme as it has been, but it´s still there.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Performance is good and I think it´s looking really nice cruising at 8000 in the shining new DC-6. However I still have this insanely annoying cloud-popping and re-drawing of clouds. It´s not as extreme as it has been, but it´s still there.

do you use RWC ?

I do not know what to think about this software. It is for sure very good performance wise, but the visual is so far from what ASN could achieve in FSX. Mainly, I get little puffy clouds around my plane with a clear limit radius. At first you could think the weather is clear ahead of the aircraft, but in fact the clouds seems to move with the Aircraft. You can see them popping. If I set the cloud visibility setting to the max, it seems it changes nothing regarding the distance the clouds are drawn, I always see the border of the cloud carpet. But my frames get really bad, so something changed obviously but not visually. I keep the cursor in the middle.

Yesterday, I flew from Roma to Munich and never got the big congestus cumulus I was expecting on the route. Maybe am I expecting to much from this software.

I would be curious to know others experience with the combo Skymaxx + RWC and see high altitude screenshot with big congestus like we have in France these days.

Maybe it is a problem on my side...

Pierre

do you use RWC ?

Yes, I have RWC as well.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

If you're using an external weather injector, make sure RWC is set to "always" to ensure it's active. You'll also want to make sure the checkbox to never change the weather around you is on. If RWC is installed and working properly, and you're using real-world weather, you should never see popping or re-drawing unless you manually change settings.

Maybe am I expecting to much from this software.

My guess based on your description is that you are in an area of reduced atmospheric visibility, and so you can't see the more distant clouds. Try flying higher and they may appear.

We'd be happy to help you in more depth over on the SMP support forum. We'll need some details like your log.txt, metar.rwx, and where you were flying.

You don't think CB's can spawn more than once? Check this out, the real thing...

Oh I understand that, but your photos show what jumps out as missing in the screenshot - the surrounding clouds.They just look very much out of place standing alone out there with no "context" surrounding them.

Either way - improvements to SkyMaxx are always welcome. Good to see continuing development!