Sign in to follow this  
CajunRon

Cost to convert to Prepar3D - An important consideration

After researching the benefits of Prepar3d I decided to purchase and convert.  In the research I did do, there were discussions about how well add-ons performed etc and most indications were that the add-ons performed well but for whatever reason, in all of the reviews I read, I never caught the point that for a growing number of add-ons the publishers are making the business decision to require a complete repurchase of their product to use in Prepar3d. Here's the breakdown for the products I use the most:

PMDG NXG 737 - $89.99

PMDG 777 -       $134.99

A2A Cessna 182 Skylane - $49.99

Flight 1 FTN 750    $ 64.95

Real Air Turbine Duke - $0.00 (no need to repurchase for use in Prepar3d)

Prepar3D - $59.95

So the total cost for me to convert and retain the same capabilities as I currently have in FSX is $399.87. 

I really like Prepar3D but now that I am retired and on a fixed income budget this is much to rich for my blood so I will not be converting after all.  To their credit, Lockheed Martin has a 60 day refund policy and I am in the process of requesting a refund on my purchased Prepar3D.

I think this is a critical consideration that has been lost in many of the conversations and discussions about converting to Prepar3D so I offer it here for those considering converting.

Ronnie Pertuit

Worth it. Perhaps start with only the essentials: One PMDG jet, another GA aircraft and one or two sceneries; then work your way up. Thats how Ive been progressing since 2014

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Its worth the cash. As you knkw, P3d is a much much much improved version of fsx. Its an investment.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Why am I reading the exact some post you posted on a different page in Avsim today? Is one not enough?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489733-cost-to-convert-to-prepar3d-an-important-consideration/#entry3432713

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Its obviously an unintentional  double Thread on the OP's behalf,  But just hasn't been merged together yet 

• Upvote 1

Its obviously an unintentional  double Thread on the OP's behalf,  But just hasn't been merged together yet

You can't have unintentional double posts in multiple spots in the forum. This is only possible in the same subforum.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

This is only possible in the same subforum.

Oh right, I didn't cope that