Sign in to follow this  
Novation

Golden Dawn.... P3Dv3.3.

Wow, atmospheric scattering was imo the biggest thing graphics wise that has been missing from p3d, this is a pretty groundbreaking tweak.  Really great shots!

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Is that atmospgeric scattering in your photos?

Yes, its an effect added by PTA or RSP although that (RSP) is not yet 3.3 compatible.

Very innovative use of lighting...artistic impression!

HLJAMES

I like it, but their is too much colour in the water.

How do I lighten the water? Thanks.

Yeah that last shot is spectacular. The colour and tree, terrain and cloud shadows are absolutely spot on. Prepar3D as real as it gets :smile:

Yes, its an effect added by PTA or RSP although that (RSP) is not yet 3.3 compatible.

just to understand you better. The amospheric scattering that is provided by the PTA program is a true atmospheric scattering rendering or is it just a really nice work around to make it look as if it was being rendered?

It looks like its a true rendering of it.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

just to understand you better. The amospheric scattering that is provided by the PTA program is a true atmospheric scattering rendering or is it just a really nice work around to make it look as if it was being rendered?

To be honest I have no idea how this effect is created, maybe Knossos could chip in and explain. With PTA you have control over the effect strength and the tint, so the ability to customise the look of the atmosphere is quite powerful.

To be honest I have no idea how this effect is created, maybe Knossos could chip in and explain. With PTA you have control over the effect strength and the tint, so the ability to customise the look of the atmosphere is quite powerful.

thats awesome! I'll have to give this a try!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Very lush and atmospheric!

Simply beautiful - that Navid guy is on a roll as well - great set of textures...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Great shots, but I have an issue with the blue hue on the horizon, particular in the first shot.

The blueish hue exists in reality, but only in certain atmospheric conditions not ALWAYS.

Atmospheric scattering depends on many factors, like temperature, moisture content of the air and time of day. Applying it to all and every situation at the same level has the danger of making it look artificial.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

.........not ALWAYS.

I agree, but like sky, water, and cloud textures etc. we can only change these things per session, and not on the fly. I have used an exaggerated set of values, that appeal to me, but for an all round preset it would be better to go for something a little more subtle.